NukeSilo Community

It is currently 27 Sep 2024, 15:15

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: the Court Room.
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 21:31 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

This is a set of rules I came up with for when I was running a server.

Eric Sinclair wrote:
A lot of servers suffer from unclear rules regarding character kills or perma-death. These are some rules of thumb as to when CKs are allowed, what happens when you are CK’d, and things like that.

Section 1: When a CK is Allowed
RP would really suck if every time you died, you lost all your items, job, property, etc so that is why most servers do not make CKs a big part of RP life. However, when done correctly, it forces people to RP more realistically and carefully, because their character is on the line should they f**k with the wrong person and end up the target of a gang’s ire.

CKs will be allowed when:

· A person has been convicted of a very serious crime. This stops people from killing 10 people in a day and just sitting in jail, where upon being released they go right back to killing. When to execute a person is obviously up to the ranking cop but as a general rule any extremely violent kill (like slow torture of a victim) or multiple non-self defense homicides will be fair game for a CK execution
· A person who is killed by a hitman more than once for the same reason. For example: Joe learns Bob is a snitch. Joe contracts a hit on Bob. Bob is killed. This first kill is NOT a CK unless Bob chooses it to be one, and Bob forgets everything he knew before the kill. However, should Bob CONTINUE snitching, then Joe can contract a second hit. Bob is now CK’d. This is to keep people from repeatedly doing dangerous actions and coming back from the dead to continue them.
· A person commits suicide on purpose to end that character.
· An admin feels a character’s time has come because of that character’s current situation. In this case, the character CANNOT decline the CK unless the admin is killing them for no reason. Admins will use their judgment to decide when a character deserves to be CK’d.

Again, these are just for general reference. Obviously other situations could warrant a CK and it is ultimately up to the RPers to decide when someone should die.

Section 2: Aftermath of a CK
Should you be CK’d obviously you cannot come back to life as the same character. In the event of a CK, the following things will happen:

· You may no longer use your original name
· You must create a new character who is different from the old one (siblings/family members are allowed but don’t metagame with them.) For example, Bob Smith gets CK’d and comes back as his brother, John Smith. John SHOULD NOT take revenge on the people who killed his brother without first finding that information by himself. What he should not do is something like this: “My brother sent me the names of all the people who hated him before he died so I’m going after them.”
· You lose your job (but can apply for a new one in the same org if you choose.
· For org leaders: if you get CK’d (there WILL be a time when this happens, you cannot decline CKs if an admin believes your character should be killed) you lose your org. Period. This is to stop the orgs that were created during the server opening from becoming unstoppable later in the server’s life and to let other people apply for orgs
· You lose all items related to your job
· You may keep properties and gunspawns you already own personally. Org heads DO NOT KEEP ORG HIDEOUTS. Only property you purchased with your own money will be kept
· You get to keep any items or cars you bought with your own money
· You MAY OR MAY NOT keep your money. (Depends on what the server owner wants

Section 3: Hitmen and CKs

To make hitmen actually be utilized, these rules will apply:

· For ever 2 kills done by a hitman on one person FOR THE SAME REASON that person SHOULD accept a CK if the reason is a good one. For example, Joe contracts a hit on Bob for looking at him funny. Bob is killed and Joe contracts another one. Bob is killed again for the same reason, but the reason is not good enough for a CK. It will be up to the admins to decide what is a good reason and what isn’t. General “good” reasons include: Murdering someone close to you, not paying off your loan, being a snitch, etc. “Bad” reasons include killing a cop for doing his job, contracting hits on people because you metagamed to find out about them, contracting hits on people for doing small things like breaking a window, etc.
· If the reason a hit is contracted is good enough and likely to only happen once (as in selling someone out to the cops and getting that person CK’d) then the FIRST hit MAY be a CK, again up to the players’ and admins’ discretion.
· If a hitman has done a CK hit on someone, and is caught FOR THAT CK HIT the hitman can be CK’d no questions asked. (Only if the PD have evidence)

Section 4: Closing and Miscellaneous Rules

Obviously not every kill should be a CK, and even kills for the reasons described above may not always be a CK either. Ultimately when the time comes for a CK, it is up to the players and admins to decide who should be killed off and who shouldn’t.

· Pick your CKs carefully. Don’t call for a CK every time you kill someone. It MUST be an extreme circumstance for a player to be permanently killed
· If another player agrees to a CK without an admin forcing him to, he is a good RPer. Do not be an asshole and never take a CK. Most players will respect your bravery and humility more if you take a CK than if you’re a stereotypical hardass who never loses.
· If you CK someone, then any party that knows of you Cking them (and has evidence to prove it) MAY go after you and CK you.
· If a hitman is about to deliver a CK hit on you, and you thwart him, the hitman SHOULD take a CK unless you metagamed to find out about it.

When all is said and done, the admins have the final say on a CK. Do not whine or complain about a CK. The admins//other players had a good reason for wanting you ended permanently.

CKs should not be seen as a punishment. If someone wants you dead bad enough to contract a CK, it means you RP well enough for you to be a threat to them. They are paying you a compliment by calling for your CK. So please, let your character lose once and a while. It may even be more fun than being a hardass all the time.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 23:14 
Normal Poster

Looking good.

===========================
-Your friend, Fatboy3227-
-aka Herrman Wolff-

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 12:50 
Heavy Poster

Those CK rules do sound like a good idea. It forces people to fear death and hits have significance. With real consequences, crime and misdeeds would have to be thought over carefully.

Company Funds for Loans available from Moe - None.
Company Funds for Loans available from Darrell - $15,000

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 13:59 
Trial Admin

Fatboy3227 wrote:
Praphet wrote:
In-Game Courts usually don't do too well. If you 'abridged' the legal system, though, you could kick ass. IE, Lawyers show up, Judge shows up, Suspects' records are checked if available, Judge makes an educated decision after the two Lawyers argue it out, or if only one is present, just the Defense lawyer defending his client's judgement.

We don't have room for Juries, really, but the least we could do is ask for an oversight position for Executions. That could be done either in-game or out, but letting the Cops judge who to blow away in the interrogation room is whacked logic.

Agreed, we wouldn't need a jury... it just would take to long. A single judge would do the trick.

How about the judge does a '/juryduty' command or something that sends 'x' people on the server a notice to serve jury duty, and if they don't the cops just arrest them.

EDIT:Improper English.

Character Name: Al Harringon

Last edited by James_Vincetti on 16 Mar 2009, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 17:43 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

I would lawl so hard if that became a real plugin.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 02:44 
Manager

To make it fair, there should be at trial by jury before a forced ck due to the death penalty.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 08:55 
Nuke | Light Poster

I love the idea of having a working court system in the server. Where do I sign up for judge :D? haha. And do you think people would hate jury duty like they do irl? This would be fun.

[21:29] <@Brain> I paw off to the pic of Nuker I have.
[21:29] <@Supernuker> =x

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 12:53 
Normal Poster

Kitty and others,

I have a wonderful Court Application, I plan to put it up by 2maro night. (Yall can edit it, etc. )

Also... If anyone could skin some judge models... both male and female... (This would be a HUGE help)

Thanks, Herrman Wolff.

===========================
-Your friend, Fatboy3227-
-aka Herrman Wolff-

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2