NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 06:26

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Regarding the CIA
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:07 
Normal Poster

Issues:

CIA Hideout:
First, why hideout when there's already the police station? Let's accept it. Not everyone is an average decent role-player. Some will metagame. It's even recommended for IC reasons that CIA, being hidden (or exposed, rather) in plain civilian clothes would be rendered completely useless when they are seen going into the police station.
So one thing I'm unimpressed at is the lack of support CIA has been getting. I'm not too fond of moneyfarming, but I have been trying to play as much as I can, and I have yet to gather enough funds for a hideout. When I was remotely close to getting a hideout, it turns out that all the hideouts have been taken, except for the one in front of the gun shop, which is far from my list of top choices.
So for this one, I'll need some support from an admin.

Current CIA Members:
I've received feedback from a few about the quality of CIA members. I've posted a reminder on the CIA section of the forum, and I'll notify the CIA agents in-game about their duties, and about the thin line they're on. This one can be handled by me.
-edit-
My CIA Roster.txt seems to have been mixed up with a few useless files I've been purging from my desktop lately. It would help if an admin with access to SQL could update me on the roster

Post subject: Re: Regarding the CIA
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 23:31 
Manager

All the hideouts have already been purchased? Smells a lot like bullshit to me.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 16:18 
Normal Poster

All except for one,
which most of the CIA members are not satisfied with, and that includes me.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 17:33 
Manager

I wonder how people already managed to buy everything up. Some of those apartments cost a few hundred thousand dollars...or were you simply speaking of the actual hideout properties?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 17:34 
Manager

Actual hideouts, most, if not all, the apartments are fine.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 18:06 
Manager

Oh well s*it then, who says the CIA has to have a hideout as a habitat? How is that no less sketchy than walking into the police department? What you need is to get your members together and buy an apartment, where you'll have the most secrecy.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 21:47 
Banned

I still don't like the idea of the CIA being an org.

* Aerocow mounts Supernuker.
* @Supernuker moans
* Aerocow mounts Ryoma's face.
* +Ryoma1337 slaps Aerocow around a bit with a large trout
\

Code:
Anonymous: What a powertripping cock knocker

Code:
Anonymous: He's a powertripping, cock-knocking, melodramatic, sexually confused twat with a chip on his shoulder, a dick in his ass, and his own ego's cock in his mouth.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 00:31 
Heavy Poster

I don't really like the idea of CIA either. It makes no sense in such a small city to have such a large group of agents. Really, either they should be merged in with the PD in Detective positions, or the CIA should be remade as the FBI and made smaller.

Leges Humanae Nascuntur, Vivunt, et Moriuntur.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 14:45 
Banned

SWAT doesn't really need jobs either, nothing really needs jobs. It should all be PD and people assigned to SWAT.

* @Supernuker moans
\

Code:

Code:
Anonymous: He's a powertripping, cock-knocking, melodramatic, sexually confused twat with a chip on his shoulder, a dick in his ass, and his own ego's cock in his mouth.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 15:40 
Staff Member

CIA and SWAT, atleast CIA, is pretty useless to have to be honest.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 16:23 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Ahem..first off 'quality of CIA members' not to sound rude, but almost anyone on the server dislikes the CIA members as they are. You have three that I'm aware of, one metagames majorly, the other abuses lockpicks and use to DM in apartments, and the third was suspended from CIA. Your agents arn't high quality. And secondly, CIA does not need a hideout by itself, as it's almost useless here. If you feel so bad that you need your own base of operations, pool your money and buy one yourself. Every organization that was deemed worthy to get a hideout has been given one. If you want a base, buy it like the rest of us.

Toretto wrote:
We should always pester Nuker, never Jameson.

I approve this message!

Vetoed by the President. The following message was released instead...
Toretto wrote:
We all should hug.

[00:00] <@Jameson> Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 16:28 
Normal Poster

amen to that xD

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 16:49 
Manager

When role played correctly both groups can be very useful.

I can see the arguments for CIA but SWAT is pretty necessary for high risk situations. Normal Police officers do not storm the bank if it become necessary during the robbery, that is SWAT's job to do. SWAT has the heavy weapons and tatics to deal with high risk situations, standard police officers do not. In fact standard police officers rarely carry more than a handgun, sometimes a shotgun in the squad car. (If I'm wrong please correct Jameson)

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 23:31 
Normal Poster

Actually, Kee and I are planning to get the CIA off the ground (ten feet in the air =O)

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 02:43 
Normal Poster

arrow wrote:
Actually, Kee and I are planning to get the CIA off the ground (ten feet in the air =O)

That's the plan :)

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 08:47 

In real life the CIA operates outside of American borders. The FBI are the guys who work inside the USA.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 08:51 
Banned

Lets see..
Code:
One Agency. One Community. An Agency unmatched in its core capabilities, functioning as one team, fully integrated into the Intelligence Community.

Mission

We are the nation’s first line of defense. We accomplish what others cannot accomplish and go where others cannot go. We carry out our mission by:

* Collecting information that reveals the plans, intentions and capabilities of our adversaries and provides the basis for decision and action.

* Producing timely analysis that provides insight, warning and opportunity to the President and decisionmakers charged with protecting and advancing America’s interests.

* Conducting covert action at the direction of the President to preempt threats or achieve US policy objectives.

Core Values

* Service. We put Country first and Agency before self. Quiet patriotism is our hallmark. We are dedicated to the mission, and we pride ourselves on our extraordinary responsiveness to the needs of our customers.

* Integrity. We uphold the highest standards of conduct. We seek and speak the truth—to our colleagues and to our customers. We honor those Agency officers who have come before us and we honor the colleagues with whom we work today.

* Excellence. We hold ourselves—and each other—to the highest standards. We embrace personal accountability. We reflect on our performance and learn from that reflection.

I don't see any of these being accomplished. Not even the highest standards part, which should be self-explanatory.

* @Supernuker moans
\

Code:

Code:

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 10:56 
Manager

I believe arrow just stated that he had plans to improve the CIA. So let's stop with the firing squad act.

If you want to say you don't believe the CIA should exist on our server, go for it. But let's stop criticizing it's leader without offering any helpful advice.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]