Post subject: XD-45/XD-9
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 14:53 
Manager

Picture of my new XD-45 as promised to some of you:
Very very easy to field strip, takes less than 7 seconds:

Post subject: Re: XD-45
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 19:22 
Nuke | Light Poster

Nice. What state are you in? CCW? I was considering this pistol but now I'm leaning for a Glock 21, FN Fiveseven or a H&K MK23.....

Cant stop looking at the springfield 1911's though.

Trey Goodmann
Job: NCPD Lieutenant

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 19:57 
Manager

Silvia wrote:
Nice. What state are you in? CCW? I was considering this pistol but now I'm leaning for a Glock 21, FN Fiveseven or a H&K MK23.....

Cant stop looking at the springfield 1911's though.

I would love to get a CCW but im not 21 and I'm in Commifornia(it's almost impossible to get one here). Although I'm thinking of becoming an officer so theres an automatic CCW. Before I bought this I was considering a Glock but after shooting it and the XD-45 together, the XD-45 was a better overall gun for me.

I also am thinking about getting an SA 1911 as well, maybe when my next check comes in.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 20:04 
Nuke | Light Poster

Yeah I love the XD and the Glock 21. XD is really solid. I've been considering becoming a officer a lot recently too.

Trey Goodmann

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 21:08 
Manager

I think it would be a pretty rewarding career, plus the pay isn't that bad. I believe SDPD pays 62k starting..

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 23:39 
Nuke | Light Poster

Really? That'd be nice. Yeah, In California the pay is highest for police. Im paying 40k for college a year and have a year before I could even apply.

I think it would be quite a rewarding job too. Get a apartment, be a officer and work and have a good time in your spare time.
I'd love to be able to say, "Man I'm bored. I'm goin' to go practice at the firing range."

What pistol is issued by SDPD anyways? If I ever got issued a Beretta I'd be pissed.

Trey Goodmann

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 23:52 
Manager

I'm not sure, the SDPD's site is lacking but I know that the CHP is issued S&W M&P .40 but you can use your own gun if its on the approved list.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2008, 14:37 
Heavy Poster

holy s*it Jameson's got guns :O

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish,and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he,who in the name of charity and goodwill,shepherds the weak,through the valley of darkness,for he is truly his brother's keeper,and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger,those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD! WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!"

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 11:09 
Manager

KyonItsuki wrote:
holy s*it Jameson's got guns :O

Haha yes :P

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 21:37 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

xfire: deebz2k5
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2008, 08:01 
Heavy Poster

HAHAHAHA XD

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish,and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he,who in the name of charity and goodwill,shepherds the weak,through the valley of darkness,for he is truly his brother's keeper,and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger,those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD! WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!"

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2008, 17:06 
NukeSilo | Regular

There is a reason Cali police get paid so well, check the life expectancy of a cop in San Diego first before you apply dude.

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 14:43 
Manager

If I die, it was for a good cause. :)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 19:23 
Heavy Poster

But if you die then TSRP won't be as fun D:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 19:50 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

lol, you think of TSRP out of all the other things.

(ADMIN) Antonio Vega : I never knew that.
(ADMIN) Adrian Gosram : no, ghey
(ADMIN) Andrew MacCay : I always suspected, Kee.

Code:
[20:17] <Duckeh> I didn't agree to anything, I just pressed a box that said I did

Post subject: Re: XD-45/XD-9
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2008, 17:30 
Manager

New addition

the .45:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 14:56 
Heavy Poster

Goddamn now I wanna come to Cali and shoot s*it with ya. D:

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 02:29 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Bit of a necro but I haven't been on in a while. Yeah our gun laws are extremely arbitrary and restrictive in the Golden State, but I'm digging the .45 Jameson. I always thought one had to be 21 to buy firearms though, not 18.

Some people in this thread know nothing about hand guns (Mk 23 for a CCW? WTF are you thinking that pistol is one of the largest out there... and 5-7 for defense? Good luck finding ammo, and even if you do the bullet isn't all that effective as a man stopper).

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 15:26 
Manager

So you've shot a lot of people with your 5-7 and this is how you know this?

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 16:33 
Heavy Poster

Actually a 5-7 has more stopping power than a 9mm

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 21:40 
Manager

Anything over a 4" pistol is hard to conceal for CCW. Most people go for the sub compacts & compacts for CCW and back up guns (police).

Anyways thanks for the complements on the .45, I love it but its expensive to feed her which is why I bought the 9mm. I still used the .45 for competitions because of the longer barrel which helps with accuracy at long distances.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 03:10 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Maxwell Murder wrote:
So you've shot a lot of people with your 5-7 and this is how you know this?

No but think about it. The 5.7 mm round is a scaled down version of the 5.56 round. It is designed to have a high muzzle velocity to penetrate modern body armor. Meaning that you are shooting a very small bullet (~.223 caliber) at a very high velocity. That means it leaves a small hole and goes straight through the target, which also means you might risk over-penetration and hit something you don't want to. And completely ignoring ballistics, 5.7 ammo is very expensive and probably illegal for civilians to own seeing as it is designed to defeat body armor.What you want in a manstopper is a hollow-point, low velocity, and large bullet as seen in the excellent .45 ACP cartridge, which is why that cartridge has been around for close to 100 years. The .45 instead of blasting straight through the target, with the hollowpoint will "mushroom" which creates a larger surface area once the round hits flesh. What has a higher chance of hitting a vital organ, a 5.7mm round (To put that into perspective, airsoft bbs are 6mm) or a close to half inch round? Plus the .45 will not blast straight through the target, reducing the potential for collateral damage.

And to the guy who said 5-7 rounds have higher stopping power than a 9mm is wrong. Against body armor it is more effective but against the average unarmored thug (the most likely target for your carry weapon), it won't be as effective as even the "weak" 9mm (whose stopping power with hollowpoints is more than adequate for stopping the average robber/mugger). The only advantage a 5-7 has against unarmored foes is that the little 5.7 mm bullets can be carried in quantity, but I personally would rather have a 1 shot knockout like a .45 or .357 magnum then having to shoot my target 3-5 times to actually stop him.

EDIT: Ok there IS civilian ammo for 5-7s, go figure but they bullet is tiny (40 grains @ 1950 fps = Energy of 461 joules, and this is for the hollow point version of the round. The 9mm standard round nose = energy of 483 joules for the lightest FMJ loading, meaning the standard 9mm no hollowpoint or anything has more energy than the heaviest 5-7 hollow point. The mighty .45 ACP hits with 559 joules with the lightest hollowpoint bullet, and it travels almost half as fast at the 5.7 round. To sum it all up .45 ACP > 9mm > 5-7. And if you still think a 5-7 is an effective man stopper you can google this info your self.

Nice guns Jameson. Can we get a video of them shooting next time you're at the range/competitions?

Last edited by Eric on 27 Apr 2008, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 16:16 
Manager

My knowledge about weapons is limited, but all I can say is good luck finding a weapon that uses .45 or .357 ammunition in a street firefight. That argument also seems rather circular considering you knocked on the MK23 being too large for a CCW, while simultaneously preferring a .45 or .357 magnum in a street squall.

I'm not a weapons expert. I'm not a fighter. I'm not an arguer. I'm just a de-bullshitter.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 16:49 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Maxwell Murder wrote:
My knowledge about weapons is limited, but all I can say is good luck finding a weapon that uses .45 or .357 ammunition in a street firefight. That argument also seems rather circular considering you knocked on the MK23 being too large for a CCW, while simultaneously preferring a .45 or .357 magnum in a street squall.

I'm not a weapons expert. I'm not a fighter. I'm not an arguer. I'm just a de-bullshitter.

There are other firearms out there that shoot those calibers other than the Mk 23. The mk 23 is something like 9 in long.

For example

USP Compact: http://www.hk-usa.com/usp_compact_general.html

Fires .45 acp with a 3.6 in barrel. The mk 23 has a close to 6 in barrel in comparison. Or the colt commander : http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product ... s_id=82964

4 in of barrel. A little big for a ccw but still concealable.

And in .357:
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... y_rn=24802

2 1/2 in barrel, and .357 concealed carry revolvers are easy to find, Smith and Wesson makes like 10 different models alone.

So it's quite easy to get a weapon in .45 acp and .357 that would be easy to conceal and carry from manufacturers that are some of the biggest names in firearms. And you can find some small guns in 9mm too that would still be more effective than the 5-7.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 19:22 
Manager

Well your knowledge spans far past mine, so thank you for clearing that up.