NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 18:19

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mayor Elections
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2008, 23:16 
Manager

NukeCity is in need of a mayor for the month of February 2008!
If you are interested, please prive message me to let me know that you would like to run. You may also include a speech to be released on the forums for the general public to see. Do this before the 7th of February!

On the 7th of February, elections will begin via a vote on the forums. This vote will end on the 10th on the new mayor will be hired on that day! Best of luck to all the hopeful candidates!

EDIT: Elections have been rescheduled to start tonight, the 5th, at approximately 9 eastern, and will end at 9 eastern on the 7th.

Post subject: Re: Mayor Elections
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2008, 21:36 
NukeSilo | Regular

So are there any term limits?
How many Terms may one Mayor have?
Does the Mayor serve from Feb 10th-March 10th?
What strengths are we actually going to allow the Mayor? (Hopefully realistic!!)
Will The mayor have control of a government org?

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2008, 23:39 
Manager

barda wrote:
What strengths are we actually going to allow the Mayor? (Hopefully realistic!!)

Dunno
Dunno
If we did what we did before yes
I dunno
No control over police, maybe the commissioner, I dunno yet.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 00:58 
Manager

Supernuker wrote:
barda wrote:

Dunno
Dunno
If we did what we did before yes
I dunno
No control over police, maybe the commissioner, I dunno yet.

Following up on all of this:

1st and 2nd Question - Define term limits. Is that a rewording of your second question pertaining to how many terms are allowed per Mayor? I'm thinking Mayor's are allowed to serve unlimited terms, but not back-to-back unless certain circumstances permit so (like not having any replacements). This way everybody gets a chance to be Mayor if they wish, and there is little risk of the server going without having any Mayor.

3rd Question: I'm thinking yes. The Mayor should, ideally, serve from the 10th to the 10th of every month. Special circumstances may alter this.

4th Question: The Mayor will have the power to pass "in-character" type laws in the server, as I understand. Other than that, I can't say I have too much to say on this subject, yet. We have to discuss it and figure it out.

5th Question: The Mayor and his Cabinet are somewhat of a government organization. Tie it together with a judge, hopefully, as a kind of judicial branch, and some executive, like the commissioner, as Supernuker suggested, and this body of people will be a powerful entity on the server by itself.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 14:37 
NukeSilo | Regular

All of it sounds good. Except, I'd like for mayors to be able to run back-to-back. But, we could do a penalty rule, like, if you run right after you were elected, you lose five votes or need like 2/3 of the votes at the end of the election to win. Something like that would balance it out I think. That way, if we have a good mayor, and the people want him bad enough to still elect him, after the penalties, then they get him.

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]