NukeSilo Community

It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 03:25

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2006, 10:57 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

ok ok ok ok i have a greatttt idea. All gangs have weapon spawns in there area right....kinda unrealaistic(excuse my spelling XD). Well i have a better idea. Change the weapon disapearance time to 0 so all guns stay perm. Have a gang like borgata or yakuzza(not mafia cause they sell drugs) in there base or hide out have a weapon shop menu up butttttt more mass guns like 50 AK for 60K. And have the Guns in a item box and sell mass weapons to gangs for cash. Then when they sell the use box it would drop an ak but have like a 50 stacked up. And you could buy silencers and scopes and not need a liecence=). it would make it more realaistic. Cause i dont know alot of gun stores that sell assault rifle's and gernades and huge sniper rifles to people. So my idea is increase gun store prices, make liences harder to buy. and give an org. the shop menu in there area=).
^ JP's Amazing idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2006, 15:19 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

This was implemented (sort of) in another server. There was an item that converted guns you were holding to inventory items. And the items stacked. only problem was accessories either didn't work or there was some problem with them, I don't remember. Any way, it's a good idea BUT it causes problems when people have item versions of m60s and Barrests and don't run any slower or anything because it's an item. Makes life hell for the cops when that happenes because they move at normal speed and can just reconvert the gun to an item to run away.

So get past that problem and this could be a good idea. I wouldn't give a gang control of it though, maybe a neutral org or rival gangs wont be able to buy guns. (The borgata aren't going to sell anything to the Mafia for example).

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2006, 15:39 
Manager

god stop double posting

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006, 16:33 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

noooo uy couldnt use the gun. You would "use it" and it would drop all the weapons on the ground. But if you bought like 50 M60's it would be like 1mill=P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2006, 17:33 
NukeSilo | Regular

I've seen weapon's put into Item form and when you use the item the gun spawns in your hands. It's really awesome and helpfull. I won the lottery and bought like 50 Rugar's =3

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2006, 13:53 
Suspended

so the weapons and licenses werent expensive enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2006, 15:47 
Trial Admin

i suggested the weapons to items idea last year, but iono about the pricing. they didnt go for it. tho i still find it gay that you buy a gun, and if the server crashes, you have to buy another. its a pain in the arse.
i say make a gun storage in that storage facility next to the borgata warehouse that can hold a few guns. and have the member ship options like they did with items.

tho i doubt any one will read this cause alot of people dont read posts, they just respond to the first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2006, 16:59 
NukeSilo | Regular

Jared Damare wrote:
I have a question...What is the private storage used for? If nothing, I have in idea. Why not let it serve as a place to hold our weapons when we log off? Of course there will be a fee to use it...Probably make the owner rather rich...

Questions? Comments? Hate mail? Secret Admirers?

~Jared Damare

http://forums.nukesilo.net/viewtopic.php?t=2805

Finally got off my ass to go look for old posts.

[23:30] YouKnowWho: its not like we even CARE
[23:30] Blackjackal: CARE about what!?
[23:30] Blackjackal: Huh!?
[23:30] YouKnowWho: that you like to play dressup
[23:31] Madoif: Funjob did it
[23:31] Madoif: Yuno did it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2006, 23:42 
Trial Admin

all these old threads with good ideas, and they get passed over. whats with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2006, 11:03 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Johnny5 wrote:
i suggested the weapons to items idea last year, but iono about the pricing. they didnt go for it. tho i still find it gay that you buy a gun, and if the server crashes, you have to buy another. its a pain in the arse.
i say make a gun storage in that storage facility next to the borgata warehouse that can hold a few guns. and have the member ship options like they did with items.

tho i doubt any one will read this cause alot of people dont read posts, they just respond to the first.

could you code the storage so you would need they keys to open it to get guns? Cause that sounds like a good idea. Cause it would make it more realistic. Cause if you get a m60, do you really wanna drop it? I mean i would put it in the storage and later, i would buy ammo. And CIA could pick lock it and see all the weapons and RP it. You could hold awnything, so if you need a weapon liecence. In Real Life, Mafia and borgata have fake liecences and ID's. So if you were gonna go do a hit, you grab a liecence=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2006, 16:19 
Nuke | Light Poster

probably not a problem anymore...but a critical flaw in making guns into items was that it removed any ammo it had before along with attachments. At the same time, it also reloaded the ammo of the gun to full each and every time you put it away and brought it back out.

It also made you lighter if you put it back into your inventory while running from other people. This would never be fun for cops. It also presents the problem of them being able to pull ANY gun out during a robbery or something, equally bad RP.

I see many problems there, all of which would be no fun towards other people. No doubt the flaws would be abused by people such as cops and/or robbers, mainly because it provides a method of always having a gun ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2006, 16:46 
Manager

There are ways to code around those problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2006, 17:43 
NukeSilo | Regular

Yup, I've seen it done

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2006, 17:56 
Trial Admin

or what you could do is make ammo an item too. if you can carry alot then if you need a refill just go to the items, making less trips to the gun store, i dont mean refill as in reload. like you can have maybe 80 bullets in your pocket and you reload. but when that runs out you can go to items and pick iono "ammo for [pistol name] - 80" or something like that. also making guns into items would be better for the weapons dealler too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2006, 10:43 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

or instead when you "use" the item it drops all the weapons on the floor then you could use them. but if you did you would be banned for bad RP. Or you couldnt use it unless you placed it in a weapon invetory which every hide out would have. That shouldnt be to hard to code...i think. and ammo would be a different item