NukeSilo Community

It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 05:21

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Peany's Graphics Issue.
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2006, 22:03 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
New install of XP SP2, latest drivers from nVidia. ForceWare Release 90 Version 91.47 Released September 14, 2006.

Computer specs (bottom of page): http://www.xfire.com/profile/cpeanutg

Issue: Almost (not every single) every time I exit a game (does it so far with HL1 and its mods, HL2 and its mods, Halo, maybe others) the screen kind of locks up. I can move the mouse, and when I go over things like the taskbar and window edges, the cursor changes accordingly, but nothing else on the screen updates (like windows). I need to do Windows Key + L to lock it then click on my name and log back in to fix it.

My internets are going f**ked

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 09:00 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

To me it sounds like it could be three issues,

1. The driver has been damaged somehow (you may want to look for an update on it, probablycheck the manufacture's page);

2. You may be using the wrong port (not being condiscending), this issue happened to my friend when he slotted a card into a PCI when it was Express. If this card is AGP, you shouldn't have this issue though;

3. The port in which the card has been installed in has been damaged. I've only seen this happen twice and only because someone has either shocked it or forced a wrong card in.

I'd check the driver first, then the card's configuration. It might just be the driver but I'm not really sure. Computers can be alot like human minds, sometimes finding the issue is more work than fixing it.

God da*nit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 09:50 
Manager

Blade Vanspike wrote:

1. The driver has been damaged somehow (you may want to look for an update on it, probablycheck the manufacture's page);

2. You may be using the wrong port (not being condiscending), this issue happened to my friend when he slotted a card into a PCI when it was Express. If this card is AGP, you shouldn't have this issue though;

3. The port in which the card has been installed in has been damaged. I've only seen this happen twice and only because someone has either shocked it or forced a wrong card in.

I'd check the driver first, then the card's configuration. It might just be the driver but I'm not really sure. Computers can be alot like human minds, sometimes finding the issue is more work than fixing it.

Driver is up to date. It is in the right slot (port? lawl. i can be "condiscending" (sp? condescending) too Razz ) and it hasnt been damaged.

Someone from another community suggested:

Ryoma wrote:
This happened to me before too. All I had to do was turn off Azureus >.>

So I will see if this fixes anything.

Also someone else suggested going back to a certain version number from nVidia. Back before they changed something in the way their control panel works or something like that. Version 84.21.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 12:16 
Manager

Has not happened since I stopped running Azureus.

Also: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=18526

Quote:
Most people reporting this problem have java based programs running in the background, like Azureus, as far as I know there's no fix for it yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 21:30 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

CPeanutG wrote:
Blade Vanspike wrote:

Driver is up to date. It is in the right slot (port? lawl. i can be "condiscending" (sp? condescending) too Razz ) and it hasnt been damaged.

Someone from another community suggested:

Ryoma wrote:
This happened to me before too. All I had to do was turn off Azureus >.>

So I will see if this fixes anything.

Also someone else suggested going back to a certain version number from nVidia. Back before they changed something in the way their control panel works or something like that. Version 84.21.

Port, slot....I say "got" instead of "have". Representation seems to make more sense to my mind then correctness. Sorry to hear you haven't found out what is wrong, I have very limited knowledge on the subject.

God da*nit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 22:49 
Banned

PCI, AGP, and PCI-E wont even fit in eachothers slots, if you tried to force one in, the computer wouldnt even start.

darkapples wrote:
Jack only gets to see ugly women naked. DUH! Rolling Eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 23:31 
Manager

Blade Vanspike wrote:
Sorry to hear you haven't found out what is wrong, I have very limited knowledge on the subject.

I found out what was wrong.

CPeanutG wrote:
Has not happened since I stopped running Azureus.

Also: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=18526

Quote:
Most people reporting this problem have java based programs running in the background, like Azureus, as far as I know there's no fix for it yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 19:09 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

twitch42o wrote:
PCI, AGP, and PCI-E wont even fit in eachothers slots, if you tried to force one in, the computer wouldnt even start.

You'd be suprised ¬_¬

God da*nit