NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 22:30

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 10:10 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

After reading through all the stuff on the forums about bho wbad cops have it, and witnessing it myself, maybe some new rules should be added to protect them better:

1). Cops cannot have hits put on them for arresting you or your friends.

It's ridiculous that a cop who does his job automatically gets a death sentence from just about anyone he arrests. What does that give, RP-wise? Nothing, except a dead cop. Plus in real life you wouldn't know the cop's name who arrested you.

2). Have Poorly RP'd hits count as DMs and be bannable.

Again, about hits, I see people doing hits with things like Sawed-offs and Desert Eagles, unsilenced IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORE OR STREET OR PD with like 10 witnesses around. Hell I see people killing cops in front of other cops and then trying to kill all the witnesses, which is not good hitman RP at all, that's basically DM'ing, you're just starting with a certain guy.

3). Give a small reward to Civilians who tip cops off

There's too many peop;le who don't RP like civilians when they are. For example, a few certain Borgata ALWAYS stand right outside the diner when it's being robbed, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there's 5 guys in there armed with M4s and the whole SWAT team is gearing up outside. EVen to a hardened criminal, seeing that would probably make me back off. Hell, I do it too. The 7-11 gets robbed and I'm RIGHT THERE
Also, NO ONE ever tips the cops off about crimes or anything. In fact, cops are usually regarded as public enemy #1, but that shouldn't be the case. If there was a way to give rewards for tips, then more people might be friendlier to cops.

4). (This is a law) Have MUCH stricter gun laws. Maybe even 5 minutes for an unlcensed firearm. Also, increase the number of what is considered an illegal firearm.

That way peop;le wouldn't be able to carry M60s and stuff around for a small fine, they'd have to be more careful about where they whip it out.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 10:36 
Banned

Eric wrote:
After reading through all the stuff on the forums about bho wbad cops have it, and witnessing it myself, maybe some new rules should be added to protect them better:

1). Cops cannot have hits put on them for arresting you or your friends.

It's ridiculous that a cop who does his job automatically gets a death sentence from just about anyone he arrests. What does that give, RP-wise? Nothing, except a dead cop. Plus in real life you wouldn't know the cop's name who arrested you.

2). Have Poorly RP'd hits count as DMs and be bannable.

Again, about hits, I see people doing hits with things like Sawed-offs and Desert Eagles, unsilenced IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORE OR STREET OR PD with like 10 witnesses around. Hell I see people killing cops in front of other cops and then trying to kill all the witnesses, which is not good hitman RP at all, that's basically DM'ing, you're just starting with a certain guy.

3). Give a small reward to Civilians who tip cops off

There's too many peop;le who don't RP like civilians when they are. For example, a few certain Borgata ALWAYS stand right outside the diner when it's being robbed, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there's 5 guys in there armed with M4s and the whole SWAT team is gearing up outside. EVen to a hardened criminal, seeing that would probably make me back off. Hell, I do it too. The 7-11 gets robbed and I'm RIGHT THERE
Also, NO ONE ever tips the cops off about crimes or anything. In fact, cops are usually regarded as public enemy #1, but that shouldn't be the case. If there was a way to give rewards for tips, then more people might be friendlier to cops.

4). (This is a law) Have MUCH stricter gun laws. Maybe even 5 minutes for an unlcensed firearm. Also, increase the number of what is considered an illegal firearm.

That way peop;le wouldn't be able to carry M60s and stuff around for a small fine, they'd have to be more careful about where they whip it out.

1) Agree, this is pissing every cop off.

2) This is what Dest did to me.. I was walking inside diner, he ran up to me and killed me infront of like five people..It was a while ago though..

3) I am the only cop doing this, "call MCPD for tips" as you can see ingame when I do my adverts.. I get a few calls sometime, but not that much.

4) Yup, agreed. I also would like to add that cops can arrest you for just having a gun.. just a suggestion..

Great post.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 11:07 
Manager

Xerxes wrote:
4) Yup, agreed. I also would like to add that cops can arrest you for just having a gun.. just a suggestion..

------
Weapon Related
------

Public Weapon Firing
What is it: Shooting a weapon in public without reason
Examples: Shooting a wall with a m4
How Much Time in Jail: 4 Minutes
Mandatory Fee: N/A
Bail: $500

Weapon out in public
What is it: Having a weapon out in public with no need to be
Examples: Walking down the street with a sawed-off out
How Much Time in Jail: 2 Minutes
Bail: $100

No Licence for weapon in possession
What is it: Having a weapon without a licence for it
Examples: Having a pistol without a licence
How Much Time in Jail: 3 minutes for pistol, 4 for shotgun/smg, 5 for rifle, 6 for heavy
Bail: $500 for Pistol, $1000 for shotgun/smg, $1500 for Rifle, $2000 for Heavy

Silenced Weapon
What is it: Having a silenced weapon
Examples: Having a silenced weapon
How Much Time in Jail: 3 minutes for pistol, 4 for shotgun/smg, 5 for rifle, 6 for heavy
Bail: $500 for Pistol, $1000 for shotgun/smg, $1500 for Rifle, $2000 for Heavy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 11:14 
Banned

I was thinking having ANY GUN with you. Dosen't matter if you show it or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 11:50 
Manager

#1, I agree with completely.

#2, Should be done anyway

#3, I tend to this alerady, more cops should too.

#4, We were working on something along the lines of illegal weapons, but I can't remember what happened to that.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 13:51 
NukeSilo | Regular

Xerxes wrote:

So whats the point of Gun licenses? and how would a cop know if somone had a gun anyways? You cant just tazer anyone you see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 14:36 
Banned

brandon7219 wrote:
Xerxes wrote:

So whats the point of Gun licenses? and how would a cop know if somone had a gun anyways? You cant just tazer anyone you see.

The point of gun license, good question, it can be that with those licenses you can buy a gun Razz or why not remove it, useless. Rolling Eyes Do you see everyone in RL running around with a barret or M60 or a m4a1 on the streets? No, you don't. Who said I will run around tazering them? If we cuff them, and find a gun, for example they killed someone, we cuff them, find a guy which means they will get increased time in prison, or if you read my other thread you will understand better.

Please, stop trying to diss/insult/post negative comments to me each single post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006, 14:48 
NukeSilo | Regular

i am not posting anything negative or even trying to diss you. im just imply stating a fact. Everyone who bought gun license (if this gets implemented) will have wasted there money. =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 09:46 
Banned

brandon7219 wrote:
i am not posting anything negative or even trying to diss you. im just imply stating a fact. Everyone who bought gun license (if this gets implemented) will have wasted there money. =/

No because you will still be able to use it and buy a weapon whenever you need one, you don't need to buy a weapon then run around with it. The ues of licenes is to be able to buy weapons.. atleast one of the uses is that.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 10:03 
NukeSilo | This is my Home Page

Eric wrote:
in real life you wouldn't know the cop's name who arrested you.

Some badges have the cops name on them, others have a number where you can find out his name.

That's like going to a murder scene in which somebody has just died and jumping in front of the camera and saying "I DID! PAY ME MY MOTHA fu**' MONEY!" -Jared Damare

Dest was the best chief on our server ever. -Supernuker

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 10:19 
Banned

[LG] Destroyer12 wrote:
Eric wrote:
in real life you wouldn't know the cop's name who arrested you.

Some badges have the cops name on them, others have a number where you can find out his name.

Some, yes, some. But not everyone. Everyone can't know the numbers, only the Chief knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 11:03 
Suspended

I agree with everything except number 1 Any criminal who gets arrested even in IRL will be extremely angry at the cop that arrested them so they will want revenge. Also nobody uses the acual hitman payment laws all hitmen are paid only 1000 each and nobody looks at the rules for it because they know that aslong as admins dont know about it they can.

Kyon'Vegeta'Itsuki: f**k YOU PAGE!
Kyon'Vegeta'Itsuki Has left the Game.(Kicked)
Kyon'Vegeta'Itsuki Has joined the Game.
The Page Man: HAI!
Kyon'Vegeta'Itsuki: STFU FAG!!!!
Kyon'Vegeta'Itsuki Has left the Game.(Kicked)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 11:28 
Banned

IRL is different, you have to understand that RP isn't IRL 100% - You have to do alot of changes to make fun and easier etc. in IRL, you don't see a cop dieing jail for arresting someone, do you? Therefore, no case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 13:25 
Manager

1) You're right in some cases, but to make it against the rules is cutting down on potential role-playing situations.

2) The examples you gave were rather poor. If I still carried out hits, I would not object to walking right up to someone in public and doing the job, although I would be smart enough to leave no traces back to myself. It's the cops' problem if they cannot compromise a situation like this when it happens. However, killing all the witnesses with little intention to support the role-playing experience is wrong. But I simply consider it to be DMing.

3) A reward has great potential to provoke people to tip cops off more often, but as you inclined, people should already know how to role-play their social status, such as a civilian.

4) True, but I have my own idea...

There should be a specific group or person who issue gun licenses to civilians. Perhaps the Mayor would have this ability...if we would keep up on these elections. This would cut down on the population of people who own gun licenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 16:47 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Maxwell Murder wrote:
1) You're right in some cases, but to make it against the rules is cutting down on potential role-playing situations.

2) The examples you gave were rather poor. If I still carried out hits, I would not object to walking right up to someone in public and doing the job, although I would be smart enough to leave no traces back to myself. It's the cops' problem if they cannot compromise a situation like this when it happens. However, killing all the witnesses with little intention to support the role-playing experience is wrong. But I simply consider it to be DMing.

3) A reward has great potential to provoke people to tip cops off more often, but as you inclined, people should already know how to role-play their social status, such as a civilian.

4) True, but I have my own idea...

There should be a specific group or person who issue gun licenses to civilians. Perhaps the Mayor would have this ability...if we would keep up on these elections. This would cut down on the population of people who own gun licenses.

About making it absolutly illegal, you're right that may push it. But there needs to be a standard that has to be met BEFORE you can post a hit. For example, would you kill a cop for arresting you for public drunkeness? Probably not becasue it's not worth it. However if a cop locked you up for a serious crime, like having a few hundred drugs on you, THEN maybe a hit would be acceptable. I'm just tired of seeing cops getting killed over things like licenses and vandalism.

In regards to your number 2, there ARE ways to pull it off in public (such as a syringe, maybe a knife, silenced handgun) but most people aren't discreet about it. It' not the publicity, it's the fact that they DON'T care about how public and visible it is.

Number 4 is a good idea, but it does cause problems when the Mayor is in a different timezone as you and you never see them, so you wouldn't be able to get a license.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))