NukeSilo Community

It is currently 27 Sep 2024, 13:12

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 17:21 
Nuke | Light Poster

Well, he never said that it was easy for being a cop either. Which it obviously isn't. Alright, maybe the police 'do' deserve a new trick/tool (And that RopeMod sounds like it would be a promising addition to the MCPD arsenal.). But if we're all saying that the police department needs a new tool/weapon, then all of the MCPD members should get together and discuss this further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 19:59 
Manager

Car mod with police cars would make people wanna be cops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 20:36 
Manager

I do like the car mod idea.

But ok, Jared, you gave me my motivation to tell it like it is (or at least how I see it). I was a cop...twice! You think I don't know? Man, I've been involved a ton of situations, on either side of the law. And I loved being a cop! I found the job to be exciting and challenging. And I put up with the same s*it that every happy or disgruntled cop in this community has. But I don't think you know that? Why? Because you stopped playing on Nukesilo. Remember? I do. Yea, go and tell me that you get on every once and a while. I've seen it. Then you come here and trash anyone, any group, anything you please. Don't go calling us names when the shoe fits you as well. Have a nice day. By all means, do.

I hold to my opinion the MCPD does not deserve something in this form, as a gift, until they learn to appreciate what they have.

Thanks for letting me express myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 20:46 
NukeSilo | Regular

Ooh, twice. Majority of what I've been is a cop. You have admin, I never applied. I had to deal with more than you did, were you chief? No. Did you have every single Mafia DM you? Don't think so. Do you have Hughesnet? Don't think so, so if you think I don't play on NukeSilo because I dont' want to, you sir, are wrong. You think you made me feel bad because of what you think of me? You never even met me. I don't care what people think about me. Sure, maybe if it's someone I'm cool with like Dest, or Nuker, yeah, maybe I'll try. But if that person does piss me off, than no. I got banned by Nuker because some f***ing cuffed stood in front of the door and it closed on me and I got stuck. Nuker glock f***ed me and I just simply refused to play on NukeSilo anymore because I GOT F***ING BANNED FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS BEYOND ME! The second time I left voluntarily because one of my closer friends and I were warned for changing our names to "(First name) 'The Cop Fox' (Last Name)". I didn't care if it wasn't true. Everyone knew it wasn't, it just seemed like a good idea at the time. So, I just simply got up and left. I didn't want to come back, nor do I now. "You gave me motivation to tell it like it is", well I'll say the same to you. You've only been it twice. I wonder why you quit. Because you thought you'd do better? The first time I quit was to become a Mayor's guard for Nuker. And than I quit that to get even with Foxhound because they pissed me off for a time. "MCPD has a lot, you just don't realize that." You insult my intelligence, you had it coming. So don't act like I started it.

[23:30] YouKnowWho: its not like we even CARE
[23:30] Blackjackal: CARE about what!?
[23:30] Blackjackal: Huh!?
[23:30] YouKnowWho: that you like to play dressup
[23:31] Madoif: Funjob did it
[23:31] Madoif: Yuno did it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 20:48 
NukeSilo | This is my Home Page

You do realize Max that I elected Jared as MCPD Chief when I left the MCPD, so I think he knows what is he talking about.

That's like going to a murder scene in which somebody has just died and jumping in front of the camera and saying "I DID! PAY ME MY MOTHA fu**' MONEY!" -Jared Damare

Dest was the best chief on our server ever. -Supernuker

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 21:14 
Manager

Dest, I know. I was there, in-game, right when you made him your deputy. Then I was here for the rest of the gig.

Jared, I got fired the second time, because I was RPing my nature: a Made-man turned cop, wronged by his Chief, taking up old habits. All in all, I was fired in a flurry of deception. I still loved my job. I would still be a cop if I was not leading something else. But do you really think that you have it worse than everyone else? Please. Spare us all. I'm not going to take a da*n word from you to heart. It ain't worth a da*n. I refrained from posting my thoughts on this thread earlier, but your lack of respect for some of the other members brought me back here, now, not fighting the topic of the post, but you, and you only. I hate that. I wish I wasn't doing this.

Don't ever try to tell me how it is as if you are supreme to me. Shippo, MCPD, anyrone reading this, I'm sorry for putting this waste up here. I hate for people to see this. This is the very thing I'm trying to fight. But some things, I felt, needed to be said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 21:32 
NukeSilo | Regular

I never said I was better than you. And you think you had it worse as me? Never before have I seen everyone just attack one person. When the MCPD helped me, they got shot up too. So yes. I probably did have it worse than you did. Nick was there, he ended up yelling at the Mafia for it. And I'm not taking a word from you either. And guess what, I'm telling you how it is even if I'm not supreme to you. I'll tell you how it is if I'm the worst guy on your list, which I probably am. I don't give a s*** anyways. From what it sounded before, you were against this movement. "The MCPD has a lot, you just don't realize it." They went against what I KNOW would make the MCPD's job easier, so I went against them with a passion. Because what makes our job easier, makes your job harder. "Shippo, MCPD" if anything, they should be on my side. I'm trying to get something for them whereas you make it sound like you didn't want it for them. I am trying to fight. I'm fighting to get this done. And if you don't want it done, well guess what. You picked a fight. I don't want the Mafia, Borgata, Yakuza, or any other org. targetting the law enforcement. So yeah, if you were in my shoes, you'd know what I had to deal with. But you aren't, and I'm glad you weren't. Because chances are, you were one of those DMing Mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 21:47 
Manager

You know, I had a whole spiel typed up for you, Jared, but I really don't want to publish it. Go on thinking that I'm saying this just to spite you. Anyone that knows me well knows that's not the case.

So that you know, I am, indeed, opposed to what this thread is requesting. I feel that some of the current MCPD officers trash their own job too much to deserve an upgrade. I'm not talking about all the stuff they put up with, being killed and such. I'm talking about their character. They should know what the job entails and be prepared to accept it. Also, I feel that a simple upgrade will not create a drastic increase in MCPD enlistment as many hope. They might join because of the new upgrade, but that does not teach them to respect their job, or how to role-play it. Ultimately, I feel that this tactic will be ineffective, thus I am presenting my views here, only for people to take in if they wish. This is not a war, nor an argument. This is a discussion. This is about a game. And we all have a say in it. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 21:54 
Heavy Poster

If you gentlemen could stop taking hits on one another then we can get back to the issue at hand.

I have found a Car Mod for you if you need one. I believe that there are a bunch of other cars in this mod like the Skyline and what not. You could edit them out if it is decided that we should have the Car Mod for the PD. Also, on M7xRP (when they were up and running), their PD cars had Sirens and lights. I know for a fact that would get people interested into the Police Department.

I think I may have given this link somewhere else, but just in case.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=243623

I also helped out and looked for a Hook Mod that (If I am reading it right, but I dont know) is used to grab people. This could be changed around to work however you see fit, but this may also help to get people more interested into the Police Department.

Here is the link to the Hook Mod.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=18659

Oh, and if it comes down to it, I wouldnt mind resinging from my position as CIA Agent (Which I do enjoy very much) and go back to being a Police Officer (Which I also enjoyed very much). I believe that I was a good officer and wouldnt mind going back to the Police and working my way up that ladder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 21:59 
NukeSilo | Regular

Nothing gentle as far as I'm concerned. No, it may not recruit the drastic force I'm hoping for. But it will at least keep some cops, bring in a few, and make their jobs easier. Go ahead Max, dish out all you have at me. All you really know is nothing about me. You just know Jared Damare the guy who played TS:RP on NukeSilo for some time.

And if the current officers suck, than maybe the chief should start firing the cops looking for quality rather than quantity. Because back when we actually had decent cops such as James Johab and Paige, they were having a hard time. Now look where they are. Playing in other servers. That's all I have to say to you and I don't care what you say after this.

Spike, I already know where we can get a rope and carmod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 22:06 
Heavy Poster

Honestly, how would I know if you were goin to share it. I am just posting it to help out where I can.

Anyway, I found the link for a Rope Mod. It comes with Hook, Grab, and Rope, but I figure you can just do what you want with it. Edit out the Hook and what not. It starts out with just givin it to admins, but you could possible edit it around a bit and give it to PD only or something along those lines.

Here is this new link:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=349856

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 03:30 
Nuke | Light Poster

*Cracks Knuckles*

After reading a plenty good lot, I have to agree with Jared. The mafia, the borgata, and any other gangs aren't making it easy for the cops. Some guy got ontop of me one day (Perfect example of bad RP) and I told them to get off. Giving them five seconds, the guy shot me instead and ran off.

Now thats pretty bad. Even worse, he was apart of the mafia.

Another interesting thing is that even though we do get weapons that are really cool, they are also very limited in their abilities. They're just too role specific. The M4 is only good at ranges that allow you to see your enemy.

The barret is only good at long ranges, somebody gets up close to you, and you're screwed.

And on a final note, if I remember correctly...there was a laptop in the bar that sold tazers, or something as bad. I'm going to go check again and see if it still works. If it does, then respecting what we have, will only be respecting what other people have.

EDIT:

Okay, took a look, the laptop only sells drugs...

As for something else. People say I'm a bad cop, even though I'm only doing my job. And I must admit it's pretty hard to not rush cuff if running up to them and waiting five seconds before cuffing them, is considered rush cuffing.

I've been punched, shot, stabbed, and a whole assortment of injuries, all because I've only been doing my job. I stick to doing it, to the letter. People complain because I kill people who pull guns and start shooting at me. People complain when I come out of the PD with an M4, the only weapon equal to the AK47's that I see the borgatas carrying.

Eventually you get what you give.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 05:00 
NukeSilo | Regular

I find it funny that a cop agrees with me and a Mafia members agrees with Maxwell.

Edit:

By the way, Spike, I had no intention of sounding rude or anything, it just suddenly crossed my mind that you were still searching so I just thought I already knew of a source.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 07:07 
Banned

The cops do have it hard.

I saw something the other day, Borgata member runnin around with his gun out.

Cop: "Sir please holster that weapon"

Borgata Guy: "What are you gonna do?"

Group of Borgata members pull out lots of guns and light the cop up.

Even I can see the cops are havin a hard time, im tryin my best to stay out of trouble or getting people to put away their guns too, i hate seein this crap.

If i do retire from Yakuza im gonna write up an application for the MCPD.

I already got a bind along the lines of "??PD! GET YOUR BITCH ASS ON THE GROUND BEFORE I SHOOT YO PUNK ASS IN THE ANKLE!"

lol joke

But yeah.. Jared is right.

btw i got like 8 tazers Very Happy

darkapples wrote:
Jack only gets to see ugly women naked. DUH! Rolling Eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 08:22 
NukeSilo | Regular

Pfft, not many tazers my ass, Nuker. Rolling Eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 11:33 
Manager

You know, Jared, you're really making more harm out of this than good. I was simply against the idea and stating my opinion in the appropriate place. It was for anyone to take or leave, not to start fights. It's your attitude that has infected this thread.

Cops, you have a difficult job. I KNOW!!! I was a cop. Are you reading this, for a change? Everyone seems to think that I'm gung-ho Mafia or something. Far from the truth.

Now that the MCPD got what it requested, I request that this thread be locked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 14:09 
Manager

Jared Damare wrote:
Pfft, not many tazers my ass, Nuker. Rolling Eyes

At least there shouldn't be.

O yeah dudeman made tazers for his borgata before we took his away to ability too. *Evil glare*

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 16:11 
Banned

LLLL made that up :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006, 16:42 
Manager

Not rly.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2