NukeSilo Community

It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 22:19

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Property Tax
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 11:46 
Manager

For some reason, I feel like I've read about this before. Anyway...

First off, I'm asking about imposing a tax on each of the properties' owners. Let's say, there's a set amount of tax for a certain building that must be paid periodically as long as the person owns the building. Perhaps, just a few dollars could be taken off the person's income every time they are paid by the hour, meaning they would have to be playing on the server to be taxed. Property tax values for Mecklenburg could be something like this:

Property .................Amount in Tax
7/11 ...................................$8
In-and-Out ..........................$6
Prodigy Storage ....................$5
Bank ...................................$15
Hotel Rooms .........................$5
Apartments A & B ..................$10
Apartment C .........................$12
Warehouse ...........................$12
Hideouts ..............................$4
and I do not think taxes should be placed directly on the MCPD / MCMD or the Mayor.

Now, maybe we'd like to see the taxes a little bit higher, since most of the people that own property have a substantial amount of money, but that's up to you guys and gals. And what should happen if these taxes cannot be paid, as in when a person does not have enough money (rarely), is still a question for me.

So that is what I am sketching out right now. My next point, then is to ask for other members' input, because I think this idea has some value, and not just because I thought of it. Wink

Implementing such an idea would open up a few possibilities. We could get people cycling through owning property and such, perhaps get a few new owners in every so often. It would also give the Mayor or other form of government another way to manage the city, raising and lowering taxes. Finally, it would just add one for element from real-life to Nukesilo RP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 13:58 
NukeSilo | Regular

I love this idea...maybe make the taxes a bit lower though...sounds interesting...I think it would work.

CpeanutG owes me 350k, I loaned her 250k with a 40 percent interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 16:37 
Manager

I thought of this idea too not just sure how it would work. Your idea is good but for the people with low income, it won't be easy to own a building. I was thinking a more once a month deal.

If we do it will be added into the new map.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006, 13:46 
Manager

Well, just the way I see it, people with low income have a very rare chance of owning buildings. That's a sad case, but it's da*n close to being true. However, if a person of such an income does become the owner of a property, perhaps they will only be able to own it for short period of time, but that's enough to say, "Hey, I used to own that place." And I think it is likely that the property may then be given to a person within the same range of income.

Basically, it's going to open up more chances for a variety of people to own property, and makes the real estate business more interesting. I'm liking the feedback I've gotten so far. Please, keep it coming.

EDIT: Oh, and I was originally thinking once a month, too. I just wasn't sure if that would be easier to do or not. Any ideas? Because I like that idea better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006, 14:27 
Manager

If we had to we could script something to do the taxes.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network