NukeSilo Community

It is currently 27 Sep 2024, 12:27

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2008, 16:20 
Staff Member

If you have any suggestions regarding anything you want added or changed in the map in the future version I am currently working on, Post it here. Ofcourse only because you post it and everyone wants it doesnt mean I will implent it. Me and Supernuker both reserve the right to deny any suggestions with no reason at all if we want to. Only because I approve of a suggestion doesnt mean it will get added into the final version as its Supernuker whos gonna have to approve the changes I make to the map. With that in mind, Feel free to post.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2008, 17:25 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

I think we need a Courthouse, it'd add some great RP

Toretto wrote:
We should always pester Nuker, never Jameson.

I approve this message!

Vetoed by the President. The following message was released instead...
Toretto wrote:
We all should hug.

[00:00] <@Jameson> Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2008, 18:41 
Manager

Tomorrow I'll post some, need some time to fully make it

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 11:16 
Heavy Poster

suggestions

1. Street signs or traffic lights : since we now have cars.... mostly for jameson and nuker
2. a place for torrettos firearms
3.as stated above the courthouse i believe if at all possible that the courthouse should be near or in the PD.
4.maybe a couple songs in the diner instead of the one thats on a loop. Its just really annoying when you are having a long bank robbery or something close to the diner
5.make some if the appartments and hotel maybe 3 or 4 stories so there are more living spaces.
6.bank is pretty plain
7. The PD jail should have cots and toilets to be more realistic
8. the PD glass in the interrogation room should be sound proof and really one way glass.
9. Maybe a drive through for the bank and the in and out.
10. get rid of the drug computers in the mafia and have like an underground tunnel place to get drugs so that the police raids can stop because we can't hide or move those computers.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 13:48 
Normal Poster

YES!

-SEWERS-> A place for all underground organizations to fester

-Improve the mayors office

-COURTHOUSE

-Car Shop

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 14:46 
Manager

oh I saw some great ideas here

Sewers would be amazing, make sure to add a hideout or 2 down there

Courthouse would be very nice.

and here are mine, to improve the map

http://files.filefront.com/TS+Map+suggestionsrar/;

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 15:26 
Staff Member

perlov0 wrote:
oh I saw some great ideas here

Sewers would be amazing, make sure to add a hideout or 2 down there

Courthouse would be very nice.

and here are mine, to improve the map

http://files.filefront.com/TS+Map+suggestionsrar/;

The link doesnt appear to work, Atleast not for me.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 15:28 
Manager

http://files.filefront.com/TS+Map+sugge ... einfo.html

it cut off the last part for some reason

Quote:

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 16:57 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

kingofthemat45 wrote:
suggestions

1. Street signs or traffic lights : since we now have cars.... mostly for jameson and nuker
3.as stated above the courthouse i believe if at all possible that the courthouse should be near or in the PD.
4.maybe a couple songs in the diner instead of the one thats on a loop. Its just really annoying when you are having a long bank robbery or something close to the diner
5.make some if the appartments and hotel maybe 3 or 4 stories so there are more living spaces.
6.bank is pretty plain
8. the PD glass in the interrogation room should be sound proof and really one way glass.
10. get rid of the drug computers in the mafia and have like an underground tunnel place to get drugs so that the police raids can stop because we can't hide or move those computers.

I agree completely with all of that...nice list

Toretto wrote:
We should always pester Nuker, never Jameson.

I approve this message!

Vetoed by the President. The following message was released instead...
Toretto wrote:
We all should hug.

[00:00] <@Jameson> Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 18:01 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

kingofthemat45 wrote:
suggestions

6.bank is pretty plain

I think all of that sounds awesome, except the sound proof glass. You'd need some sort of coding for that, and if your a genuine RPer you'd act as if you wouldn't hear anything on the other side (except the police having the ability to listen to the person being interrogated).

Out of that list, I'd suggest and go for higher buildings, like adding a story of two. In my opinion, buildings that go far above your head adds great atmosphere, and even just brushes to act as buildings works for that, be it an office complex on top of another building or more apartments on top of the existing ones.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 19:03 
Heavy Poster

i agree that sound proofing was a stretch but it was just a suggestion and it would also avoid the temptation to metagame.

oh and you can disreguard the whole music thing if you want i wasn't aware that you could turn it off thanks vargas for telling me

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 19:07 

I have some vague suggestions..
- Making the city less of a square feeling..
- Making the city less flat.. It feels pretty boring other than that little underground road by the MO
- Make the city brighter. Its kinda dark not just the outside
- Spread out the main buildings a bit. Its quite lonely everywhere else on the map other than the main PD/MD/Bank/Diner street.

Im pretty sure you guys already have similar ideas to mine but yea.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 19:34 
Staff Member

I probably wont elevate the map any more than it is currently, Mostly because of the work Supernuker would have to do to ensure that everything works fine, Partly because I dont want to deal with all of the work it would be to realign all buildings, roads, entities etc to match up with the levitation. I would also like to know if anyone has any better suggestions for the skybox? I remember some guy giving an advice on a skybox that I said id get around to testing but never did, And now I have forgotten the name of it.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 20:04 
Heavy Poster

well so then what kind of stuff are you looking for if not more living space?
can you still make an underground/sewer system, since you aren't changomng the number of levels you have?
oh and heres more....
11. locker room in the PD.. where they can store stuff like the storage center but only for cops
12. get rid of the huge storage center, replace it with a smaller one. use that space for something else.
13. pool kind of plain. i know its one of nukers favorites and he'll probably kill me for saying remove it so ill say "put it in the hotel" and use that space for something else
14. yakuza if they are still in existance...idk if they are. their hidout should be more oriental based instead of just a warehouse.
15. It is torretos but this is a suggestion for his safehouse... fix the walk through window and make it look like an appartment and like a real safehouse.
16.Not sure if it has it but a surgery room for the hospital... as well as an ER entrance.
17.stairs or something going up to the hidout over the 711...its not realistic to jump off the roof and land near there or to scale the wall to get there.
18. a school or university...someplace for the students, profs, MD students etc. to go
19. Stage out by the mayors office with a stand. Place to give speaches or to get shot at...
20. Not sure if they have it but CIA interrogation room...complete with water board. so the CIA can interrogate people in ways that may infringe apon their rights.
21. Cia hideout if they don't have one im not sure...i think they might be in room 203 in the hotel but not sure.
((from here its just maybe suggestions...im not even to sure about them but the ideas came to me))
22. Fox hideout? with statues of foxes outside. I don't know what the hell the foxes do but i mean if they are an organization they should have a cool hideout. i think it should be in the
23. Street cameras? so Cia can see whats going on outside in the comfort of their hideout
24. security cameras at the entrances to the bar and the yakuza warehouse so they can see if police are raiding.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 13:37 
Staff Member

If nothing gets in the way of it, I will implent a sewer system. No I will not add cameras to the map - to any hideout at all. I would also like it if anyone here knows how to convert images into .wad files for me to use and would like to help me make a few new textures for the map, If so please post in this thread or PM me.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 17:41 
Staff Member

Ok some updates, Due to me and Supernuker agreeing on that there shouldnt be any courthouse there will not be any added, And due to Supernuker wanting to keeping the pool the way it is I will not edit it into a hideout. Sewers will be tested in the next version and may or may not get added depending on what Supernuker thinks of it, Thats all for now.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 17:47 
Manager

Courthouse isn't a for sure no, but in the past I haven't seen any real rp come out of the courthouse.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 17:57 
Manager

xfire: kc9fjb
we could always make a court/non-denominational church that way if the court dosen't work out, it could have a second function.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 17:58 
Manager

Well considering the vast numbers of people who would like to see a courthouse being added, I think we should give it a try this time around.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 19:07 
Heavy Poster

i understand that nuker likes the pool but i am just saying its pretty plain(no waterslide come on!!!)) and in a location that doesn't optimize notice or use. i mean when people go on to the server they easily see the bank and the diner. if you aren't going to change the pool can you at least make an advertisement on the billboads that shows where the pool is or a sign near the park for it?

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 19:26 
Staff Member

kingofthemat45 wrote:
i understand that nuker likes the pool but i am just saying its pretty plain(no waterslide come on!!!)) and in a location that doesn't optimize notice or use. i mean when people go on to the server they easily see the bank and the diner. if you aren't going to change the pool can you at least make an advertisement on the billboads that shows where the pool is or a sign near the park for it?

Sure, if I get someone who can convert images into .wad files.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 19:32 
Manager

Crimson13 wrote:
we could always make a court/non-denominational church that way if the court dosen't work out, it could have a second function.

Great idea, it could be used for anything that way

Quote:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2008, 21:12 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Crimson13 wrote:

I actually really want a church to be added... I actually tried being a priest and offering advice and stuff, and it worked out really well.

What's the point of having priest as a job if there is no place to operate?

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 06:57 
Staff Member

darkapples wrote:
Crimson13 wrote:

I actually really want a church to be added... I actually tried being a priest and offering advice and stuff, and it worked out really well.

What's the point of having priest as a job if there is no place to operate?

Myself I dont want to add a church, And I havent heard Supernuker request me to add any so I doubt one will be added.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2008, 12:27 
Manager

However, this right here is a request thread, thus it does not particularly concern Nuker's personal requests but our own. Therefore you should answer our requests directly and not indirectly through Nuker.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next