NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 18:28

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Nightfall owns.
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2007, 14:15 
Heavy Poster

Heroes definitely make amends for the previously dull solo pve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2007, 15:31 
NukeSilo | Regular

What.

Post subject: Re: Nightfall owns.
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2007, 15:58 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Counterfeit wrote:

GW deserves to be cockslapped for making dervs so spike based. Makes HoH a whole new shit-hole.

God da*nit

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2007, 08:59 
Heavy Poster

Blade Vanspike wrote:
Counterfeit wrote:

GW deserves to be cockslapped for making dervs so spike based. Makes HoH a whole new s**t-hole.

A necro could easily screw them over with desecrate enchantments, strip enchantments, insidious parasite, and spiteful spirit. Using all those in combination makes for about 200 to up to 400 damage* (depending on how your attributes are setup) off in that one second, and anytime he should attack he'll lose over 100 health, and he'll lose over 35 health if he tries to use any spells.

After that, either put a strong hex on him (wastrel's worry would cause lots of pain), degen him, or use some blood spiking. Personally, I'd bring arcane echo and echo desecrate enchantments and use signet of lost souls for energy management.

This build works AMAZING for me. Unless they have a pair of good monks focusing on that dervish, the dervish is either going to die or retreat.

*400 damage requires the Dervish to have lots of enchantments on him. You need 18+ curses to pull this off (Awaken the blood, curse headgear, and a superior curse rune).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2007, 14:52 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

I quit playing around the time Nightfall was released so I really didn't think of that. I use a monk build that decreses physical units from damaging me so all I'd need to do is cast that pacifism spell for +10 regen and let them hit me for 1s.

I was thinking of getting back into it, but the fact that I hit 58 in WoW and Chad made me buy Burning Crusade really set me back on that one. BTW, the outlands gives amazing gear and exp, get there before they nerf it.

God da*nit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2007, 17:56 
Heavy Poster

Blade Vanspike wrote:
I quit playing around the time Nightfall was released so I really didn't think of that. I use a monk build that decreses physical units from damaging me so all I'd need to do is cast that pacifism spell for +10 regen and let them hit me for 1s.

I was thinking of getting back into it, but the fact that I hit 58 in WoW and Chad made me buy Burning Crusade really set me back on that one. BTW, the outlands gives amazing gear and exp, get there before they nerf it.

Interesting monk build.

I'm always a necro in every game I play, so when my friends picked up GW, they already decided I was going to be the resident necro Smile

I hate being Minion Master though. I always get griped at for certain monsters I bring. I don't take s*it though. Last Tombs of the Primeval Kings run I was MM for, they pissed me off royally so I summoned a flesh golem and a ton of shambling horrors, and then I sac'ed myself to death.

Ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2007, 18:58 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Haha. MMs save, I hate people who force builds on you. People always hate my PvP monk build because they want SB/Infuses for HoH....

Yeah, my monk wears the armor that costs as much as droks (I think its called 15k armor or something, been too long) and my spell bar goes: Healing Breeze, Orison, Word of Healing, An anti-condition one that heals, Shielding hands, earth armor, magnetic aura, and whatever rez for the event.

I was kicked from my guild for not going SB/Infuse, then I pubbed for a guild and went 10 and 0 in HoH. I know what I'm doing.

God da*nit

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 15:27 
Heavy Poster

Blade Vanspike wrote:
Haha. MMs save, I hate people who force builds on you. People always hate my PvP monk build because they want SB/Infuses for HoH....

Yeah, my monk wears the armor that costs as much as droks (I think its called 15k armor or something, been too long) and my spell bar goes: Healing Breeze, Orison, Word of Healing, An anti-condition one that heals, Shielding hands, earth armor, magnetic aura, and whatever rez for the event.

I was kicked from my guild for not going SB/Infuse, then I pubbed for a guild and went 10 and 0 in HoH. I know what I'm doing.

Droks armor is usually referred to as the "1.5k" armor since Ascended armor is 15k a pop and Droks armor is the same stat-wise, but much less expensive.

I've got 15k Necrotic on my necro. I'll take some sshots later.

Infusing is lame now that Dervishes have a similar spell which doesn't take *ANY* health from you.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 18:25 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Counterfeit wrote:
Droks armor is usually referred to as the "1.5k" armor since Ascended armor is 15k a pop and Droks armor is the same stat-wise, but much less expensive.

I've got 15k Necrotic on my necro. I'll take some sshots later.

Yeah...don't worry about it. I already know how everything in that game looks.

God da*nit

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 21:19 
NukeSilo | Regular

This is a very in depth comvorsation Mr. Green

So is GW All that great?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 21:57 
Manager

LLLL loves guild wars and keeps trying to get me to get it. But I'm too poor Sad

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 17:52 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Had good times on Gw...

God da*nit

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 18:46 
NukeSilo | Regular

I might pick GW up.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 21:06 
Heavy Poster

If you played diablo 2 avidly, then the story part of the game will seem very familiar to you (at least it did to me). It's a great game, but you might have seen it before just with worse graphics.

The PvP is spectacular though and a lot of fun once you get into it. Easy to pick up, easy to put down; unlike many other alternatives that require extensive play in order to feel satisfaction from it.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 22:25 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Vamp wrote:
If you played diablo 2 avidly, then the story part of the game will seem very familiar to you (at least it did to me). It's a great game, but you might have seen it before just with worse graphics.

The PvP is spectacular though and a lot of fun once you get into it. Easy to pick up, easy to put down; unlike many other alternatives that require extensive play in order to feel satisfaction from it.

I found PvP so in depth it was hard to master, but easy to acquire what was needed to master. Let's make a comparison. WoW, the class Priest is very platform. When you fight a Priest, you can always expect the priest to use a small bit of spells in its arsenal. A shadow priest will rely on doing raw damage, a holy will try to out last you, both with psychic scream and shield to avoid you. Now to GW's Monk. The class can have a secondary (should have one at that) making it not only a healer, but whatever for its secondary. Say its a Monk/Elementalist (like me); it can cast healing spells or use the arsenal of elementalist spells to deal damage. If that monk is like mine, it relies on its earth magic to boost its defense, making physical classes nearly useless.

My Pros and Cons:
GW is free online, easy to play, and wont be hard on new players. It is an easy game to grasp and only requires about a week to master the skills needed (estimate applied to a hardcore gamer, of course). Skills can be unlocked in the roleplay mode as well as gear, all of which can be used in making a PvP character which is set automatically at the level cap (20). The gear and skills can be then used in PvP (the main point of MMOs) in various sorts of combat. There are a wide variety of cool armors, weapons, and emotes to enjoy when bored. The cons to this game are painful, but don't seem to be seeing any improvement anytime soon. When a player leaves a town, he/she gains a personal landscape of which other users cannot go unless in the player's party. In addition, there is no real physics engine in this game, making jumping non-existent. The world of GW is also very small (unless you buy all three expansions) and returning to places in the world is nearly pointless.

WoW fits many of the pros of GW, minus the good graphics, free online gameplay, easy user acceptability, and wide variety of emotes. Though this may sound bad at first, WoW has much more pros including many different brackets of challenging PvP, much more gear than GW, and a world that is vast and gives you a reason to return to nearly every spot. WoW also has a difference by hosting different servers, each of which has different styles such as:
PvE : "Player Verses Environment" in which the player only fights creatures that roam the world, not other players on the world. The user may select to go to PvP events, but will not be able to attack other players outside of these events.

PvP : "Player Verses Player" in which every moving object in the world that is not respectively allied, nor inside safe areas (such as Horde or Alliance Territory) is attackable. Note, attackable, not easily killed. This type of server can cause stress much more than any server, due to the fact that if you are on a quest, you can be killed by the opposite faction, your quest target may be killed, both, or neither but will get killed afterward. The up-side is the ability to kill the other team when they least expect it (like what they do to you Very Happy).

RP : If you don't know what that stands for, you aren't a member of anything with the abbreviation "RP" in it. These servers are exactly like PvE servers, except that players must "role-play" their characters. Though many do not, some do, making the focus less on player vs. player, leveling, and questing, moving more to enjoying the game. An aberration of this style is "PVPRP" which in my opinion wrecks more RP than it gains.

In short:
GW will take your soul, but unlike WoW, it will give it back.

God da*nit

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007, 16:21 
NukeSilo | Regular

World Of Warcraft didn't steal your soul...

Your addiction did.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007, 18:22 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Ryan Zipline Hayter wrote:
World Of Warcraft didn't steal your soul...

Your addiction did.

Yeah, uh....thanks for stating the obvious.

God da*nit

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2007, 12:02 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Supernuker wrote:
LLLL loves guild wars and keeps trying to get me to get it. But I'm too poor Sad

GW doesn't require a monthly cost, and I'm fairly sure that the original "Prophecies" campaign sells pretty cheap. Not sure, I'll check.

Edit:
Prophecies: $29.99
Factions: $39.99
Nightfall: $49.99