NukeSilo Community

It is currently 25 Jun 2024, 18:56

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: SWAT merge with PD
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 16:42 
NukeSilo | Regular

Me, Delgado, Johnson, and Jameson are still undergoing talks about this, but we all agree that this should be done. More info later.

Post subject: Re: SWAT merge with PD
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 17:19 
Light Poster

i think this is an excellent idea as it seems the swat chief is like colleage football coach and he hands pd officers keys to mercedes benzs to get them to join

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 18:02 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

ok chris i've had enough of your stupidity. You make assumptions. And assuming makes you an ass. You have no idea about anything. Honestly I have never given a car out for free to anyone. Jack Johnson gave me 3k and I loaned him 47k to get his car. And guess what? Your own PD chief paid him to come back to the PD so shut the hell up because you are pissing me off. Anyone else in SWAT already had a car. Also i have never bribed anyone to join with anything. Everyone accepts to join without any mention of "hiring" bonus or "sign on bonus." Learn to get your facts straight before you open your stupid trap. There is a quote by Abraham Lincoln, ""It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Anyway, I would like to do this so that SWAT can count as PD on the server for robberies and such. Also it would put the Line of Authority into better perspective and would allow for the PD and the SWAT team to be more united.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 18:06 
NukeSilo | Regular

As for Swatbangs, I say remove the normal flashbang and rename swatbangs to flashbangs. The current ones SUCK ASS, literally. It only flashes white for 1 second, while swatbangs make them spin around for about 5 seconds.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 20:56 
Light Poster

My only question is how?

Jalen Dawson
Position: Unknown

Michael Kazahil
Position: Unknown

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 02:10 
Heavy Poster

Yea, thats why we will iron out the rest of the details, but the infighting between PD and SWAT was starting to boil over, and we all felt it was best to go ahead and merge them together to present a united front, not to mention it helps make sure we have enough units to actually do our jobs properly.

----------------------
Jack Johnson/Bruce Willis

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 05:52 
NukeSilo | Regular

Well I think SWAT should just be normal officers (anywhere from officer I-Inspector) but in a combat situation where they are needed they gear up with heavy weapons and automatically assume command over regular cops.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 07:55 
Staff Member

Wake wrote:
Well I think SWAT should just be normal officers (anywhere from officer I-Inspector) but in a combat situation where they are needed they gear up with heavy weapons and automatically assume command over regular cops.

:< *hopes he can still use an m16*

[21:22] <@Supernuker> I wonder how you made it out of elementary school sometimes Toretto...
[21:22] <@Toretto> Elementary?
[21:26] <@Supernuker> ....

{AU} Vincetti [I'M NOT LOUIE]: is that someone jacking off?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 11:33 
Heavy Poster

Wake wrote:

Yea, thats what I had in mind. :D. GTFO of my head wake, srsly.

----------------------
Jack Johnson/Bruce Willis

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 14:32 
Heavy Poster

Never noticed any infighting throught my swat career, I'm a senior officer. Granted I've been in swat for but a few weeks now. Actually I didn't even know SWAT was seperate from the PD :D , I always assumed that it was a branch of the PD, but a branch which could act independently if need be.

I'm for the merge, though if SWAT were to maintain minor independence (like having it's own com system, still being able to carry any weapon type, and still retaining some sort of reasonable command structure). If we can work the command stystem for the PD and SWAT into something reasonable...so that both elements of the police force could work together in harmony that'd be "kewl".

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 12:51 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

so...this still in the makes?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 17:07 
Nuke | Light Poster

I think we should forget the current talks and move more toward what Maxwell was talking about.

[21:29] <@Brain> I paw off to the pic of Nuker I have.
[21:29] <@Supernuker> =x

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 20:02 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

what was maxwell talking about?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 23:42 
Staff Member

KM Kitty wrote:
I think we should forget the current talks and move more toward what Maxwell was talking about.

/me checks posts...

Maxwell?

[21:22] <@Supernuker> I wonder how you made it out of elementary school sometimes Toretto...
[21:22] <@Toretto> Elementary?
[21:26] <@Supernuker> ....

{AU} Vincetti [I'M NOT LOUIE]: is that someone jacking off?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 01:07 
Nuke | Light Poster

Maxwell Murder says:
Quote:
Well, not that I'm going to try to rebut against these responses, because they are great and definitely worth heeding, but I think everybody got the wrong idea out of what I was saying. I was simply stating that we don't need all the jobs we currently have in amx_joblist. We should just have a general police authority organization, and the individual AMX job titles within it should just be "NCPD", "NCPD SWAT", "NCIU", "Government Agent", etc. Then, instead of having Officer I, II, III, Senior, Rookie, and all that, you have everybody unified under one title, and then they could just roleplay out the ranks without the use of plug-ins. Granted, the pay grades would be messed up, but there are ways to work around that.

[21:29] <@Brain> I paw off to the pic of Nuker I have.
[21:29] <@Supernuker> =x

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:20 
NukeSilo | Regular

KM Kitty wrote:
Maxwell Murder says:
Quote:
Well, not that I'm going to try to rebut against these responses, because they are great and definitely worth heeding, but I think everybody got the wrong idea out of what I was saying. I was simply stating that we don't need all the jobs we currently have in amx_joblist. We should just have a general police authority organization, and the individual AMX job titles within it should just be "NCPD", "NCPD SWAT", "NCIU", "Government Agent", etc. Then, instead of having Officer I, II, III, Senior, Rookie, and all that, you have everybody unified under one title, and then they could just roleplay out the ranks without the use of plug-ins. Granted, the pay grades would be messed up, but there are ways to work around that.

too much room for corruptness, I should think. I like having tangible ranks.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:25 
Manager

Care to explain that more in-depth, because I do not see how changing the job titles in the AMX code to free up space could POSSIBLY have any bearing whatsoever in an eternity on how people's characters should behave in-game, let alone that they should become "corrupt" for that reason. Perhaps, you [unmistakably] misunderstood.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:30 
NukeSilo | Regular

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Care to explain that more in-depth, because I do not see how changing the job titles in the AMX code to free up space could POSSIBLY have any bearing whatsoever in an eternity on how people's characters should behave in-game, let alone that they should become "corrupt" for that reason. Perhaps, you [unmistakably] misunderstood.

/me reads it over
Yes, it would seem I did :-D
Sorry.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:34 
Manager

Hah, I thought it might be possible, since you're a very sensible person. No need to apologize. I apologize for putting it so poorly originally, as well as unleashing my ongoing fury in this discussion on someone of such great stature.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]