NukeSilo Community

It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 02:43

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Character Kills
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 14:14 
Nuke | Medium Poster

After playing with a few friends on JKARP, and coming back to NukeSilo, I thought about CKs and how they happen.

Today Zachary and I beat up Saji, and slit his wrists and throat. Shouldn't that count as a CK? I think it should.
At the JKA server I play on, the CK system they have is in a RP situation they have 4 (Lives.) Most of these situations are sabercombat, The first (Death.) is a Minor Injury, like a scratch or something or other. The second (Death.) is a Slightly more severe injury, say cutting into the calf muscle so the person can't walk IC. The third (Death) is a dismemberment, like getting a hand cut off or a leg ect. And the forth is the actual CK, where your character is dead forever.

I was thinking about how the TSRP CKs are carried out, and since everybody in the game is badasses they don't really fear what happens to their character, so what I was thinking is just doing something like the JKARP system, but improvise on the punishments, but the forth still ending in death.

What're your opinions on this, community of NukeSilo?

Post subject: Re: Character Kills
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 14:21 
Light Poster

((Well I think you are right Zurrag that everyone is badasses and dont care about theirs caracthers lifes.))

Insane

Insane

Last edited by RoronoaZorro94 on 06 Apr 2009, 07:56, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 14:34 
Heavy Poster

I like the idea of having stricter CK rules, so people don't jump off buildings or taunt mafia (or etc.), but I'd like to hear more options on how to execute this policy before I make up my mind. We still need to remember that the person being CKed needs to have a choice so they aren't just walking down the street and get shot then can't use that name or job anymore.

In the perfect TSRP environment, the said JKARP rule would be my personal favorite option. But we can't force someone to RP a new character, it is their choice. (Technically admins can change their name and job, but how many times do admins want to be forced to do that? Instead of someone openly volunteering to do it.)

I will probably edit some ideas I keep losing when I'm typing back in, I can't think too straight at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------
Gordan Fisherman
Career: NCMD EMT

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 14:43 
Heavy Poster

Zurrag wrote:
Today Zachary and I beat up Saji, and slit his wrists and throat. Shouldn't that count as a CK? I think it should.

I lol'd

Gordan Fisherman M.D.: Take your pants off.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 14:50 
Nuke | Medium Poster

gordanfisherman wrote:
I like the idea of having stricter CK rules, so people don't jump off buildings or taunt mafia (or etc.), but I'd like to hear more options on how to execute this policy before I make up my mind. We still need to remember that the person being CKed needs to have a choice so they aren't just walking down the street and get shot then can't use that name or job anymore.

Ah, I forgot to explain that part. Well, as you said people can't be walking down the street and get shot then CK'd. I was thinking about, 4 Major RP'd injuries that happen to the character, IE: 1. The characters throat is slit, 2. The characters legs are broken, and removed. 3. The character gets his eyes gouged out, 4. The character gets stabbed in a legit RP situation by a Katana/Knife.

Of course, the situations would vary on the injury and how severe it is.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 15:11 
Manager

I think we need to just focus on taking roleplaying more seriously in general, which includes excepting a CK when the situation calls for it. That means if you are involved in a roleplaying scenario, as opposed to some OOC incident, and you die, then you should accept the fact that you have to start over. I don't feel like starting up a similar system to JKARP's is necessary, especially since that seems to apply that you can get the s*it kicked out of you and come out of it with a few cuts or a torn muscle. It takes one punch to kill a person in real life. Even less, sometimes.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 15:17 
Nuke | Medium Poster

True, but as I said(I think.) We could improvise on some of the aspects of the system, Like if you just beat a guy up, it'll count as 1, as apposed to if you slit his throat or something else fatal you should have to start over completely, which is why we need to quit just picking targets for hits. Hits should only happen if something is completely personal and you absoultly hate the person IC.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 15:26 
Manager

I see, I see. Well I like the motive behind the idea, but I just don't like to think of adding more very specific rules to our already exhausting list of rules. I would like to have general list of rules covering all areas of interest that are somewhat open to interpretation, much like the Constitution.

And yes, you are absolutely right about hits. They should also be willing to pay a ridiculous sum of money for any hit.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 15:43 
Heavy Poster

I don't want to derail the thread, but about hits. I had an idea a while back that hits should not be dealt with in the same session of playing or even the same day that they are ordered. It should be a long RP to have to track down and kill the target to the contracters specifications. And also to make sure hits are being ordered correctly, I think that whoever is ordering it should have to PM an admin or another trustworthy RPer and tell the the backstory of the hit and why he has this hatred towards his target. Then the admin can PM him back approving or disapproving the hit. If approved the person ordering the hit can find the hitman he think can best RP the circumstances.

Gordan Fisherman

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 16:44 
Nuke | Light Poster

yea i guss the ck rules need to be stricter *censord* slippy.

Carl Smith
job: runing kmans pizza in kmans honer
stat: dead
Jon smith
missing
saji smith
stat: dead
Jake Smith

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 19:53 
Manager

gordanfisherman wrote:
I don't want to derail the thread, but about hits. I had an idea a while back that hits should not be dealt with in the same session of playing or even the same day that they are ordered. It should be a long RP to have to track down and kill the target to the contracters specifications. And also to make sure hits are being ordered correctly, I think that whoever is ordering it should have to PM an admin or another trustworthy RPer and tell the the backstory of the hit and why he has this hatred towards his target. Then the admin can PM him back approving or disapproving the hit. If approved the person ordering the hit can find the hitman he think can best RP the circumstances.

I like this idea a lot!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 20:42 
Manager

My beliefs:

Ck's should be reserved for major RP's that develop characters. These are RP's that took some time to play out.
This means that whenever you get bored and decide to rob the 7-11.... you are not CK'd. This also means that whenever someone gets bored and decides to drag a 'random' person away to cruelly torture them... That other person is not CK'd. However, if the mentioned person had harmed your character previously, and throughout the torture RP you remind them of what they did, then that person should be willing to accept a CK.

Making really strict rules that force people to accept CK's do many negative things such as:

No one becomes experienced at one job, rather become jack of all trades (This may be interpretted as good.. but who wants a police force that all should be the rank of rookie?)

Forces good rpers to not be willing to take part in rp's they might view as 'insignificant' because the rules might say that the random 7-11 robbery can CK a character that this good rper has spent time to develop.

Creates lots of downtime, since people will not be taking part in rps not significant to their character

On the topic of hits:

I like the idea Gordan has about hits. But if we are going to spend so much time to set up the hits, I think that the person who has the hit ordered on them needs to know, since it will need to be a forced CK... but these things would have to be extremely expensive and rare.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2009, 21:01 
Heavy Poster

perlov0 wrote:
... but these things would have to be extremely expensive and rare.

Max was mentioning earlier in game about hits costing around 50k.

Gordan Fisherman

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2009, 00:34 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

I think having a set number of lives is actually more restrictive than RPing CKs. What happens when you lose 4 lives due to minor RPs (like say you are walking down the street and some idiot shoots you for some insignificant reason that is RP'd but not exactly CK worthy)? I'd be very pissed if I lost my character like that.

What needs to happen is for people to man up and f**king lose once in a while. TSRPers are all badasses who never want to accept the fact that they aren't perfect and will lose at some point.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2009, 09:14 
Nuke | Medium Poster

Well, I think I said this earlier, you would only lose one (life.) in a major RP injury, or something else like that. Yesterday Slippy and I beat this kid, and slit his wrists. But then he walks out without a scratch, this system would force people to actually make descisions about their character, say be annoying to people with power, or constantly break the diner windows..

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2009, 14:41 
Heavy Poster

I don't think that the system of having "lives" would work so well, for reasons previously stated throught the thread. I think that the root of the problem lies with a majority of RPers not being very good at...well...RPing. I think CK's should be more story and/or plot driven actions that happen in such a way as to be epic.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2009, 22:26 
Manager

This also falls into place with the fact that people should be taking more care to stay alive, which includes not committing crimes that will put you in harm's way. In a perfect TSRP world, every time a person died (for an in-character reason of course, because TSRP can't be THAT perfect) would be a CK, because it would happen for a very rare, specific reason.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]