NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 14:32

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 01:52 
NukeSilo | Regular

da*n fine app man. Few jobs and low pays, I don't see any reason why this shouldn't get accepted, seeing as how you are active and a good RPer. Yakuza has been extremely inactive, I say we either bump them, or just add this org. We have 0 gang vs gang rp going on, and it creates a rather dull enviornment alot of the time.

BaRda AZReal Promotes this post

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 11:33 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

barda wrote:
da*n fine app man. Few jobs and low pays, I don't see any reason why this shouldn't get accepted, seeing as how you are active and a good RPer. Yakuza has been extremely inactive, I say we either bump them, or just add this org. We have 0 gang vs gang rp going on, and it creates a rather dull enviornment alot of the time.

BaRda AZReal Promotes this post

I agree, and if my say counts, I promote this app too.
Theres only a few Yakuza members, Donovan and Ryoma. Donovan has been on a few times (not enough to be called active) and the same goes for Ryoma. The last guy I've seen on once, and that was nearly 2 weeks ago.
Ryoma is the head of the Yakuza as it stands now, but isn't nearly as active enough to keep the gang on its feet. I recommend replacing the Yakuza with this.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 11:53 
Manager

Yeah. If and only if the Yakuza is removed, I say. But that must be talked over with Donovan and Ryoma.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 12:02 
NukeSilo | Regular

Meh, teh hell with ryoma, he is never on. I'm pretty sure dono would be good with taking 2nd in command of this org.

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 18:29 
Manager

I actually wouldn't mind 3-way crime organization interaction if it comes to it though.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 18:41 
Manager

But do we really need that again? You saw what happened on the last map. Why doesn't anybody request legit businesses?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 21:14 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Maxwell Murder wrote:
But do we really need that again? You saw what happened on the last map. Why doesn't anybody request legit businesses?

Yes, what happened last time was a travesty, but you never know. Also, I wouldn't mind this replacing the Yakuza... but consent is needed.
You may never know what will come of it this time. It's 2 "Yakuza-esque" gangs, not two mafia born organizations.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 21:31 
Normal Poster

I'd prefer a legit business.

---------------
Name: James R. Treadwell
Residing Chief: -

The Doctor wrote:
People assume that time is a strict progression from cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective view point it's more like a big ball of wibbley wobbly...timey wimey...stuff...

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008, 15:40 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

Revven wrote:
I'd prefer a legit business.

Doing what? Selling phone books? I'm all for one, but I don't know what one would be doing. I doubt there will be a loan process, a car dealership of ANY sort, or something along the business of trading. If there were to be a legitimate organization, what would it be doing? We'd got an anti-crime org, it's the PD. As far as the map goes with organizations, there is no office building or complex anywhere.

If that isn't worth reading, my statement is this: I'm all for a legitimate business, but what would their role be?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008, 15:46 
Manager

Great point, I think that the criminal organizations should always have a front, and use it. IE Mafia actually be bartenders, etc.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008, 17:22 
NukeSilo | Regular

Have them run the diner :) Good rp with them cutting people into pieces in the back room while I order a steak.

Quote:

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008, 19:25 
Manager

barda wrote:
Have them run the diner :) Good rp with them cutting people into pieces in the back room while I order a steak.

Can't say I havent done that before :roll:

Quote:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 11:06 
NukeSilo | Regular

Honestly, things move EXTREMELY slow around here. Could be a good two weeks before Nuker decides the post has enough replies to be honored with a response. (He waits to see other peoples opinions I think/hope).

Quote:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 12:45 
Manager

Chances are, if this does happen, it won't happen for a VERY LONG time, due to quite a few reasons which have more or less already been discussed. If you want an idea of a legitimate business, read my post. There ARE possibilities. Think outside the ridiculously small box of cops vs. robbers.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 14:44 
NukeSilo | Regular

The reason why Nukesilo's servers are so dead, is the slow pace of change. That is what people want, change, but we offer very little of that. We sacrificed change a long time ago for infrastructure and organization. We need to bring back a little more of the loosely fit RP. Start accepting custom orgs, see how it pans out. We have the admin team and infrastructure to back it.

This server is a run a little too much like a business, and too little like a gaming server : /. I'm not making a crack against organization, it's most deffinitely important, but we have too much...regulation here I suppose. It restricts freedom of character, which is needed for RP. That is what RP started as, and needs to come back to.

We can do it, here and today, if we just ease up on all the rules and bullshit, and just let people play the game. Ya feel me?

Quote:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 14:50 
Manager

I whole heartedly agree with you, we should be more open to change, it makes for a better server.

Quote:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 15:25 
Manager

Indeed we should be more open to change, thus we should change from the all-too-typical formula of having multiple criminal and law enforcement agencies and nothing else.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 17:48 
NukeSilo | Regular

Well, the majority of people RP in the crime org/cop setup. That is just the most fun. You use that for getting numbers on the server. Once you have that, you will get others wanting to start business orgs to enhance rp. But first, you need the numbers. More orgs (Not a s*it load, 3-4) that are crime based, means more leaders to hire and more opprotunity for rp due to the rival gangs.

You don't have to give them property, the guns are cheap enough for them to buy them from the gunstore, just open the orgs to the public. Lets accept 2-3 more orgs, give them nothing but the jobs, and see how it goes. It takes nothing more than 3 mins to amx_addjob, and even less to remove them. Let's give each good org app a week to prove what they are made of, then let the public vote on whether they are worth keeping.

What do you guys say? Nuker, llll?

Quote:

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]