NukeSilo Community

It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:02

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Map Ideas
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008, 15:57 
Light Poster

I had some ideas and thoughts of the map that I thought I would just put out there.

1) The rooms are all FAR too big. Most of them have huge spaces that seem unrealistic and useless (See: Bar main room, back room), as well as having lots of unused potential. There's a lot of wasted space, which adds to lag, and keeps the map from coming alive to me like some others do. I find this is a big problem with most new RP maps, the stupid things are just too big and expansive, and while this one does have lots of things in it, a lot of them are far too stretched out to be taken realistically.

2) Unused things: For instance, the fast food joint will hardly get any use what with a diner being in town. Now, if the diner was EXTREMELY elegant, and had like, suit requirements and such, then the fast food restaurant might get some business, but as it is, the restaurant is almost as dumpy as the fast food joint is (No offense, but it is very bland). Another one is the public restroom and pool. I do like the idea of a public restroom, but a pool is taking it too far, and will never get used. No map has ever had a good roleplayed pool usage. Ever.

3) Another biggie is the repetitiveness. Textures are used over and over. Every apartment hallway looks identical to any other one; a boring, bland white. I also find that there's a severe lacking of original textures, even though it's easy to make. Even a simple re-color of some common textures would be more attractive. I found that Ovi had this as a main problem, he used that bloody, godawful ugly red texture in every building that had even the slightest regality, the hotel, the diner, the venuz, etc. (I could help out with this one, actually)

If anyone else has ideas or thoughts about the current map, post them here, in an organized, easy to read fashion, please.

Post subject: Re: Map Ideas
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008, 16:24 
Staff Member

While I am currently remaking the map, Or will in a not so distant future I cant promise all suggestions if any being posted in this thread will make it into the next version. With that said I would love to hear what people think about this version, What is bad and what is good.

Post subject: Re: Map Ideas
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008, 17:04 
Manager

I agree with RR, about the textures anyway.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]