NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 18:27

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 20:29 
Manager

This isn't an ingame suggestion as much as a forums one.

For the TSRP players you should be forced to make a biography explaining how your character will rp so people can't pull s*it like this:

vampy wrote:
Plus it was rp because you dont know that i didnt take my medication so maybe thats y i was shooting in the street.

Tommy Sokolov wrote:
My character is crazy and runs around the street in circles saying wee woo sometimes

Tommys one was from in game.

I will be applying for a custom forum if need be to have a specific forum for the bios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 21:46 
Manager

This is a good idea!

(I have to write a short story for a scholastic writing competition this year, and it's going to be on my character!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 21:47 
Nuke | Light Poster

i guess thats ok but then u wouldnt be able to like.. actually rp u know? i rather play in rl then ts Laughing

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 21:48 
Manager

Its I biography explaining how your character will rp. then lets say you get bored of borgata and decide to go to uhh lets say free lance hitman. your character would have a different background and different skills as a freelance hitman instead of a borgata family member. So you would make a new bio, or just edit your existing one, and then rp that new character.

It keeps people rping instead of deciding to do something stupid like run into a bank robbery and claim 'I am insane' for their excuse just because they are bored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 22:12 
Nuke | Light Poster

Real life doesnt work like that.. you dont have 1 characteristic and it changes. And yes you can do that ever heard of people who dont take medicine they go what we like to say "crazy". In rl ur always changing so why should we make a biography if its not gonna be right and will restrict us to less rping and adapting to the surronding rp instead of saying OMG U CANT DO THAT ITS NOT UR BIOGRAPHY! thats stupid plus i dont think anyone would remember other players biography. just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 22:17 
Manager

Let's just say that, generally, the "crazy man" role-playing situation, quite common and trite, is all too often used as an excuse to do some questionable things on a role-playing server. This method/style/personality of role-playing is mainly classified as an excuse to do wrong.

Plus, it would be nice to read up on everyone's character and find out what brought them to Nukesilo's Mecklenburg!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 22:18 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Do you really want to post the bio I have for Blade? I mean, its kind of the material one would read at a hardcore sociopathic website...

God da*nit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 22:25 
Manager

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Let's just say that, generally, the "crazy man" role-playing situation, quite common and trite, is all too often used as an excuse to do some questionable things on a role-playing server. This method/style/personality of role-playing is mainly classified as an excuse to do wrong.

Plus, it would be nice to read up on everyone's character and find out what brought them to Nukesilo's Mecklenburg!

Exactly, and to blade yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 23:52 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
vampy wrote:
Real life doesnt work like that.. you dont have 1 characteristic and it changes. And yes you can do that ever heard of people who dont take medicine they go what we like to say "crazy". In rl ur always changing so why should we make a biography if its not gonna be right and will restrict us to less rping and adapting to the surronding rp instead of saying OMG U CANT DO THAT ITS NOT UR BIOGRAPHY! thats stupid plus i dont think anyone would remember other players biography. just my opinion.

Make it a story, evolve his characteristics.

My internets are going f**ked

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 23:57 
Nuke | Light Poster

it wouldnt be fun to go by what you said plus people would forgot other peoples characteristics. A rp game is supposed to be fun because you go into different situations all the time or for some of you the same time (which i think is kinda boring i wanna try new things like join mcpd but i cant =/).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2006, 06:30 
Manager

vampy wrote:
it wouldnt be fun to go by what you said plus people would forgot other peoples characteristics. A rp game is supposed to be fun because you go into different situations all the time or for some of you the same time (which i think is kinda boring i wanna try new things like join mcpd but i cant =/).

In fact, it is more fun to go by.

Its not other people job to rp something your character can do.

I go by this on other servers I play on, its a lot more fun trying to say what your character says and think instead of just doing rping what you would say and think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2006, 15:42 
Normal Poster

Vampy, your so oblivious to all the facts of real life...

For instance, theres these things called Serial Killers in real life... They kill random people.. In other words, a DM

You can't successfully rp a "RL" Senario.. its absolutely impossible.. Because atleast 1 thing or another isn't "RL".

P.S. Quit turning every 2 or more words into an acronym.. makes you look more unintelligent then you actually are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2006, 22:58 
NukeSilo | Regular

Lol i banned someone last night cuase the explaination they gave me after killing me was "I WAS RPING A DMer!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2006, 08:47 
Banned

You must understand that there are people who are not very good in english, therefore not being able to write properly etc. There are people who can't write as good as the others, simply just can't come up with ideas on how to write it etc, and some people just don't like writing alot and have problem making up their minds on how their character should be.

However, I agree that it would be nice if alot of people wrote this. I personally would, but I am not very good at english, I don't like writing too much and It will take me ages to write something good, plus school is taking alot of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2006, 20:04 
Nuke | Light Poster

Vampy, because you like doing what you do, I will from this point on, shoot any crazy people I see in the streets.

But yeah, I'm pretty good with writing biographies, and when it comes to Jack, it's pretty simple. He's more of a military grunt used to filling things with holes.

But yeah, great suggestion. It certainly would limit the bad RP going on, and also make it easier to pinpoint the bad RPers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2006, 22:14 
Manager

I don't know if anyone took any ideas from my initial post, but I would like to recommend for those people who are attending school but wish to write a character bio: write it for one of your open-ended essay assignments. Surely you'll have at least one or two of those during the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2006, 22:28 
Suspended

well i like this idea then we wont have random ass people shooting all over the place

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 13:18 
Manager

xfire: ryu2k7
Vicious Betrayal wrote:
well i like this idea then we wont have random ass people shooting all over the place

Quoted for f**king truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 14:13 
Banned

I couldnt write a decent piece of literature if my life depended on it.

darkapples wrote:
Jack only gets to see ugly women naked. DUH! Rolling Eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 15:06 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Shadow Jones wrote:
Quoted for fu** truth.

Quoted for sexy.

God da*nit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 18:23 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

Blade Vanspike wrote:
Shadow Jones wrote:
Quoted for fu** truth.

Quoted for sexy.

Quoted cause' I'm feeling peer pressure to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 22:44 
Manager

twitch42o wrote:

It doesn't have to be f**king amazing or anything, just like a paragraph or 2 saying the basics about your character will be fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 23:13 
Banned

perlov0 wrote:
twitch42o wrote:

It doesn't have to be fu** amazing or anything, just like a paragraph or 2 saying the basics about your character will be fine

You're worse than school!

EVIL!

darkapples wrote:
Jack only gets to see ugly women naked. DUH! Rolling Eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 23:18 
Light Poster

I think its a good idea.