NukeSilo Community

It is currently 27 Sep 2024, 11:19

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 16:54 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Well, now CIA has their lock picks, SWAT has their force door but what do MCPD got? I really think that we all need to think of something else that'll encourage people to join the MCPD, I mean, looking at the payments and what you get, most people would rather join CIA or SWAT instead of MCPD. We need to make MCPD special.
Maybe they can get a new thing like a special tazer that never breaks and is only $500, maybe just, I don't know. We need something to make people want to join MCPD, just post any ideas you have that you think will make people want to join.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 17:19 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
Maybe instead of having a Tazer that never breaks. Make one that you need to refill, like in real life.

Like this one. You buy the gun, it comes with one cartridge. And you can buy packs of cartridges to use on the gun maybe.

Gun: http://www.taser.com/estore/citizen-taser--x26c.htm
Cartridge: http://www.taser.com/estore/two-pack-re ... dge-15.htm

Maybe like $500 for the gun, comes with one cartridge. And a pack of 10 cartridges for so much money. But you have to be looking at someone to use a cartridge up.

My internets are going f**ked

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 17:30 
Manager

Well, it is easier to join the MCPD than the other two, so I can see why the pay is higher. And the requirements of their jobs make it understandable why they have the abilities that they do. However, I always found the advantage of joining the MCPD to be the fact that you are more involved. You tend to see more action than the other two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 19:03 
Heavy Poster

Yea, the MCPD are like in the thick of all of a lot of the stuff goin on. SWAT and CIA are specialized and can only get involved in certain areas of the crime, but the same could be said for the MCPD.

Maybe what we should try and do is cut back on the MCPD being scared off, instead of trying to lure them in. Simple things like getting shot while asking for a license always got me kind of upset. I the little things that make you want to leave are more important to fix then the little things that try to attract you in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 19:13 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

The CIA and SWAT are specialized but still, I always see them filling in and doing MCPD dutys too. It's like they do the MCPD job + extra work. I don't know, I just think MCPD needs something that'll drag people into wanting to join it. Higher pay? More support? Maybe we can use an appartment/hotel room and only MCPD units get access to it, not too RPish but it will make people want to join MCPD. I don't know, I'm trying to think of something..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 19:44 
Manager

But aren't you a fox? Not quite MCPD. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I just don't see where one could go with this. It seems to be a little excessive to be asking for something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 20:03 
NukeSilo | Regular

No, but Shippo's on the right track. Cops never have been the largest faction in the server. At most it's been maybe half, that was when LLLL joined. After he joined, some of his friends from the Mafia joined such as Jasper, Knare, Kitty, et cetera. That time, was a great time...

[23:30] YouKnowWho: its not like we even CARE
[23:30] Blackjackal: CARE about what!?
[23:30] Blackjackal: Huh!?
[23:30] YouKnowWho: that you like to play dressup
[23:31] Madoif: Funjob did it
[23:31] Madoif: Yuno did it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 21:53 
Heavy Poster

I do think that MCPD deserves something for all of the hard work and s*it that they have to deal with.

What about the "/jail" mod. It isnt something that would severly cripple RP and would save them a lot of stress when tryin to get people to go to jail. It isnt something as trivial as a fancy tazer or an apartment. And, MCPD are the main law enforcers.

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 21:57 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Maxwell Murder wrote:
But aren't you a fox? Not quite MCPD. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I just don't see where one could go with this. It seems to be a little excessive to be asking for something like this.

No no no, I'm not asking for it for me. I'm asking for it so more people would join the MCPD instead of SWAT or CIA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 22:07 
Manager

People should be joining the MCPD because they want to be cops. I know you want more cops, but getting them to join by offering something like this will not keep them there. They'll use it and get tired of it soon enough.

Some of the current cops talk about this job like it is sheer labor. You should enjoy being a cop. Only when this happens should some sort of benefit even be remotely considered. That's just my view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 22:35 
Banned

I have people asking me all the time to be a cop, and I just tell them to talk to Andre. Mabey make it easier, where you don't have to post on the fourms to get a MCPD job since most hate posting the apps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 22:40 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

I employed someone as a cop today, they seemed to be doing well so far. He was Michael something =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 22:48 
NukeSilo | Regular

You guys don't get it, MCPD do everything that CIA and SWAT does. Hostages? Their in. Drug busts? Their in. They don't have any little quirks that make their job any easier. CIA get their picklock, SWAT gets their forcedoor. But ONLY because they specialize in just that. SWAT breaking down the doors, CIA being stealthy and lockpicking it. Yes, it may attract people who only go for the slight quirks, but some cops quit because their hard is too much trouble and they get b****ed at all the time and what not. Yes, they may love their job. But is it enough to surpass the constant annoying things they have to go through all the time? Probably not.

Give them something for god's sake. Maybe an enforcement baton, preferably as a weapon if it can be created, but if not, an item. When used it takes off 15 health and the person autodives and their screen grows darker (Or goes black) for fifteen seconds. Repeated use leads to screen going pitch black (If grows darker) and an increase in blackout time by 2 seconds. After the subject hits 25, make it so the health drops by 1 from than on and the screen blacks out until they are administered a medical kit or killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 23:01 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

Yeah, Jared get's what I'm trying to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 00:01 
Manager

I agree mcpd needs something. I thought of many things like a police car just for police. I still think ropemod would be good.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 01:21 
Heavy Poster

I tried hard to find a Rope Mod, and since the head of M7xRP has given up his server because of school and money you cant ask him anymore. Again, you may be able to fool around with the "+hook" mod. Shorten the distance and have it snatch people to drag. I dont know how to mod or script or anything so I dont know how much work this would be asking for, but it works great when you get it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 19:28 
Banned

I also agree they need something. What about bonus pays? More support? or like admins listening extra to them. If I was a cop I'd love to get more admin attention to MCPD. They often the ones in trouble getting shoot for asking for a license or stuff. That's important I think. More stuff? More team work? I hardly see any cops teaming together to for example do a drug bust. I mean like helping one go under a different name, and the rest like on roof and stuff watching him etcetc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 09:35 
NukeSilo | Heavy Poster

/ptazer

...civilians don't get tazers....police are one up from civilians...

/ptazer >.>

God da*nit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 13:59 
NukeSilo | Regular

Yet they are essentially the same thing. Everyone in law enforcement has them. Same standard edition, nothing about the tazer is special. Two, /tazer has a shortcut too, so there's still nothing special about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 14:00 
Manager

Minus tazers are much more rare than ptazers.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 14:03 
NukeSilo | Regular

Simply because there is no vender for the tazer. Otherwise, there'd be one in everyone's pocket. You can't deny that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 14:05 
Nuke | Light Poster

Well, the MCPD do have access to silenced weaponry and quite a bit of heavy metal guns to toy with that the average Mecklenburgite wouldn't have access to without spending a bit of change. The police station is essentially a fort. It's practically inpregnable.

But you think the MCPD should get a perk to make them special, eh? Heh, well. That's sort of a tough one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 14:07 
NukeSilo | Regular

You act like the Mafia, or the Borgata doesn't have access to weapons either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 15:52 
Manager

No, but he is saying that the MCPD have quite a bit in front of them, but they often fail to take in everything for what it's worth. I really don't want to put down our officers here. But I really want to propose this question: In real life, do standard police forces get the perks that the CIA and SWAT teams do? Hell, in a lot of cases, once the Feds or anyone else of the Police get to the scene, it's pretty much over for the good ol' cops.

MCPD, you have a lot. I just don't think you realize that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 17:15 
NukeSilo | Regular

But not all of the MCPD are authorized what weapons there are. Or they shouldn't be using them. I didn't allow it anyways. But that's besides the point. A lot of you asshats go f***ing around walking away, not going to jail, jail dodging, pissing us the f*** off. You just don't realize how hard it is (Or was). I remember the Mafia was pretty much DMing the cops on sight. I got pissed as f*** because we couldn't shoot before we were shot at or else it was "police brutality". You think the MCPD has it so easy, they DESERVE something. They can't rob for extra cash and all of that, they can't take hostages, they can't do anything criminals can do. And you think we have it easy? There's two sides of the coin, Maxwell. I've been on both and I KNOW that it's easier as a criminal. So don't go acting like we have more than we need.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next