NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 16:27

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: TSRP coalition
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 18:57 
NukeSilo | Regular

right, so me and a few other people got together and thought of this:

Server (TSRP has been, for a very long time, on the edge of a knife. Servers, once great, have died away, such as Harbu.

Threats facing all servers include DMing, bad RP, inactivity, etc.

That is where the TSRP coalition comes in. There were once two servers connected by “bus mod”. If you took this bus to the other server ( which was owned by somebody else, might I add) you would be transported there with your job, money, guns, and even ammo!

I and my few fellow members of the TSRP coalition believe that for TSRP to continue being one of the greatest video game experiences there is, servers must band together, to make gameplay better for all.

You may be thinking, “oh, that would take away the originality of servers” it would not! Each server could still have it's own UNIQUE job sets, along with jobs that are on every server.

It would also bring a new and intriguing depth to TSRP, because now world consists of more than a few isolated cities, not connected in any way. This would clear the way for economy, politics, and larger RPs. The government would have much more depth to it and, therefore, make way for better roleplaying scenarios.

Now that you know the general idea, allow me to show you, with more detail, the TSRP coalition dream.

TSRP world consist of a country (or, at a huge stretch, two countries, depending on how many servers want to join) and a few city states (single servers who did not join) The city states are beside the point, what matters is the country.

The country would be divided into cities, or all the different servers in it. For this sake of this paper, we will say

Iburg

Nukecity

Mechlenburgh

Semi Valley

Shaunsville.

Now, these servers agree to join, and it is time to set up the government. Each city is required to have a mayor, and the people of the cities vote one of them to be the president. The president presides over the other mayors, and his city is deemed the capital until another president is elected. After the president is elected, the other city's mayors each get to choose 1 person to serve in the president's cabinet. Quite the opposite of the government of the United states, cabinet member's jobs are to vote on decisions the president makes, not vice versa.

So, a guy from Mechlenburgh wins the presidency. Congrats!
So...now what?

The president has a function, OOC, and IC, both equally important.

A mod exists that gives the PD it's own bank account, this mod could be used to also to give each city a bank account. We'll get back to the purpose of this in a little bit,

One thing many people find annoying is that people new to the PD have to buy a taser. This is, of course, not very realistic, and has been the source of much complaint. To be solved, the taser cannot be bought by the new guy, but must be given to him from a limited stockpile of tasers. This would apply also for cars, flashbangs, and other equipment. The same rules apply to the MD, CIA, and whatever government organizations reside in a city.

Another problem that plagues servers is way too many people joining the PD, CIA, or other organization, making it unbalanced.

Another problem that would be fixed by the idea I am about to propose is having a completely useless organization, or an inactive organization. (assuming this organization is run by the government)

The final problem that I can think of off the top of my head budgets would fix is bad RPers inside of government controlled organizations.

So, all government organizations (MD, PD, CIA, FBI, etc) would have a bank account. With this bank account, they could purchase cars, tasers, medical supplies, or whatever they wish to hand out to their recruits.

They would also have to pay a higher tax, depending on how many recruits they had, meaning more consideration would have to go into who they hire.

The president's main job, besides making laws, is to (with permission of the cabinet) delegate money to the mayors of the other cities. He should be able to take a few IC and OOC considerations into mind when deciding who gets how much money:

IC:
Will this positively impact the government budget?
Will this positively impact the economy?

OOC:
Will this encourage RP in the city I am donating to? (Am I rewarding for good RP, for instance?)

The mayor, with his budget, must now delegate money to organizations underneath him. The mayor must pay a tax to the government above him for the amount of organizations under his control, plus a fixed percentage of his cash. Therefore, he wants to be making more money than he is giving, for him to run his city well.

Therefore, he wants to give money to the organization that is making the most use of it, because it will in turn supply him with the most money.

The Police Department, for example, will want more money so it can supply it's members with tasers, cars, etc. The MD will want to supply it's members with medical supplies. The only two ways it can make money is from donations and the mayor. The more members it has, the more of it's budget is spent on taxes, therefore it has a harder time buying the equipment it needs to function. A smaller, but more experienced police force will give it greater success, so they are more likely to hire only the best.

Budgets would be assigned at the beginning of every term, and halfway through each term. The government can, of course, donate money in between using spare money, if it so chooses.

This will also give servers a living economy. For example, the MD in Nukecity can affect the PD in Augsberg.

Imagine this: The NCMD has fallen on hard times, because the mayor has given them half the amount of money they had last time. They can no longer afford such a large surplus of medicine! They begin asking for donations, but still don't have quite the amount of money they need to supply everyone with the proper amount of medkits. The director keeps a close eye on everyone, and eventually decides that he has to fire one doctor who isn't doing a very good job, while he waits for donations to become sufficient enough to afford to get more doctors while still supplying equipment.

The mayor, seeing that the MD doesn't have as many members, and is therefore not paying as much taxes, is in a predicament. Should he supply them with more money, and thereby hopefully encourage them to expand? Yes, he decides, he wouldn't want to give the PD too much power, because his other organizations would fail.

The MD hires more people, and can now afford to give them all adequate medical supplies.

But little did he know what repercussions this would have! Instead of kicking out any of it's members, the PD makes tasers and cars harder to attain, putting some of the new guys at a disadvantage! Well, this gives the Mafia a better chance, causing more people to be wounded during fights, and requiring the MD to have more supplies!

Once more the MD cannot afford the vast amount of medkits and the like going into healing so many people! They lay off a doctor or two for bad RPing in order to compensate.

Now the mayor is faced with a decrease in BOTH organizations! He is receiving less taxes then when he started!

The president notices that the mayor of Nukecity has fallen on tough times. He decides that the best way to solve this would be to send him some money and give him one more chance, but if he still couldn't make ends meet to lower his budget.

The mayor manages to put his act together fixes his city's economy by asking for help from Maxcare financial (non-government controlled). Maxcare gives the mayor a large some of money as a loan, and the mayor gives the president more taxes than any other mayor!

But the president is not pleased, for he knows that the mayor is relying on a higher budget next term in order to pay off the loan, and will then be even worse off.

The president, seeking to punish the mayor and guarantee that the mayor wont get into such a shady deal again, lowers his budget, and gives the surplus to Iburg.

The mayor of Iburg decides to give this money to the PD, which has fallen on hard times.

I could continue this story, but it would go on and on, because simple actions could swing the economy quite a bit!

The only hard part about implementing such a mod would be figuring out the bus. Otherwise it is just the creation of a few new jobs and bank accounts.

I hope that I explained this well, and that you guys support it. If you wish to join the TSRP coalition, e-mail tsrp.coalition@gmail.com

I am currently not the only member, but I was the one chosen to write this up, I was chosen over Mikhail Zhukov, at any rate (he's another member)

I hope Nukesilo, as a server, agrees to join.

Post subject: Re: TSRP coalition
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 19:25 
Heavy Poster

This sounds like a very interesting idea. I'm just afraid of the many technical problems that could possibly arrive. If that were to be fixed, I'd say go for it.

Company Funds for Loans available from Moe - None.
Company Funds for Loans available from Darrell - $15,000

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 19:49 
NukeSilo | Regular

MoeODonoghue wrote:
This sounds like a very interesting idea. I'm just afraid of the many technical problems that could possibly arrive. If that were to be fixed, I'd say go for it.

But all the mods proposed have already been done! :-D
It's just how these mods are applied that makes it awesome.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 20:02 
Manager

I'm open to the idea, as much as I dislike the maker of Shaunsville :P

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 20:15 
Manager

That's a f**king awesome idea, I'd love it.

Only problem is... there could be a police chief on lets say Mecklenburg that doesn't require their officers to do s*it, but those people would be cops on Nukesilo, where they are expected to act professionally.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 20:25 
NukeSilo | Regular

perlov0 wrote:
That's a f**king awesome idea, I'd love it.

Only problem is... there could be a police chief on lets say Mecklenburg that doesn't require their officers to do s*it, but those people would be cops on Nukesilo, where they are expected to act professionally.

yes, but if that police chief continues like that, he will run out of money, very fast.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 20:28 
Nuke | Light Poster

I'm open to the idea; seen it before, never seen it work properly, but I see potential. I hear good things about Khatool, let's see where it goes, eh?

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Gordan and Praphet, you are the two halves of God.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 20:32 
NukeSilo | Regular

Praphet wrote:
I hear good things about Khatool.

/me has a boost for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 21:58 
Manager

He was obviously being nice, Khatool. Nobody ACTUALLY says nice things about you. Come on! 8)

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 10:06 
NukeSilo | Regular

Maxwell Murder wrote:
He was obviously being nice, Khatool. Nobody ACTUALLY says nice things about you. Come on! 8)

in 14 years exactly, I will hunt you down, and proceed to devour your children. :twisted:

Anywayz, I personally think that one person's laziness as an org leader would not damage rp, it may damage the economy, and eventually lead to the chief tightening up his act or bein booted out the window.

I also forgot to mention that the the mayor would be able to kick out the leader of an organization he controls. the mayor CANNOT, however, kick anybody else out. He can suggest, but has no power over how it is actually run.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 13:03 
Manager

Well now, I like the idea the more I think about it. But how do we go about starting something like this up?

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 18:15 
NukeSilo | Regular

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Well now, I like the idea the more I think about it. But how do we go about starting something like this up?

well, them more people join the TSRP coalition by emailing the aformentioned address, the more talent we have to convince servers and communities to band together.
If modders and mappers join, we will have people to create cities (a capital city would be cool, i suppose)
and if server hosts like the idea and join...
we hope to convince one server at a time.
But if you cant map or mod, join anyway, we would love to have you and your ideas.

So e-mail tsrp.coalition@gmail.com

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 17:59 
Manager

I emailed them to express my interest, and they promptly responded with their own interest. The question we have now is who wants to go with this, particularly Jameson and Nuker.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 19:35 
Staff Member

Thumbs up

[21:22] <@Supernuker> I wonder how you made it out of elementary school sometimes Toretto...
[21:22] <@Toretto> Elementary?
[21:26] <@Supernuker> ....

{AU} Vincetti [I'M NOT LOUIE]: is that someone jacking off?

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 00:23 
Nuke | Light Poster

Awesome idea man, hope it might actually work that could be cool

Trey Goodmann
Job: NCPD Lieutenant

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 15:33 
NukeSilo | Regular

Maxwell Murder wrote:
I emailed them to express my interest, and they promptly responded with their own interest. The question we have now is who wants to go with this, particularly Jameson and Nuker.

Thanks for your support!
Could you ask Jameson (or possible Nuker) to look this over?