NukeSilo Community

It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 16:28

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 15:36 
Light Poster

So for those of us that weren't there, I figured echoing this along might be a good idea.
Wake instructed us last night to use the radio more. This is due to a recent lack of communication, often leading to kidnapping or death. At all times you should let everyone know where you are, what you are doing and why you are doing it. If you're chasing somebody, report it and where you're chasing them. If you are being attacked, report that and its location.
(( This is a little complicated sometimes, so it's suggested that you bind things like "10-57" (illegal gunfire), 10-97 (arrived at location), 10-17 (en route) and 10-24 (assignment completed/situation is all clear). If you're on break and backup is needed, use 10-6 and if you are back on patrol, use 10-8. By now you're probably out of places to bind, so use the keypad. These are the keypad keys:
    KP_INS = 0
    KP_END = 1
    KP_DOWNARROW = 2
    KP_PGDN = 3
    KP_LEFTARROW = 4
    KP_5 = 5
    KP_RIGHTARROW = 6
    KP_HOME = 7
    KP_UPARROW = 8
    KP_PGUP = 9
    KP_PLUS = +
    KP_MINUS = -
    * = *
    KP_DEL = .
    KP_SLASH = /
For those that are new to binding, open the console and type bind <key> <function>. So, for instance, if you want to make it say "10-4" over the intercom when you push the "P" key, you would type bind p "say /com 10-4". Or, using the bind list I just gave, make 8 or up arrow on the keypad be "10-17 (en route)", you would type bind KP_UPARROW "say /com 10-17 (en route)".
Hopefully this will help keep the radio chatter up a bit. ))

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 15:50 
NukeSilo | Regular

This should be very useful for people, thanks.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 20:33 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
I think i posted a tutorial on using shift + key for binding stuff on here. Ill have to find it or remake it. Doubles your keys.

My internets are going f**ked

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009, 15:59 
Manager

CPeanutG wrote:
I think i posted a tutorial on using shift + key for binding stuff on here. Ill have to find it or remake it. Doubles your keys.

That would be great..

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009, 16:47 
Manager

xfire: kc9fjb
In the MD forums I have posted a cfg of doctor binds, with a keypad layout in the form of a .doc Someone could edit that for a PD cfg, or just send me the commands and I could make it.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009, 19:49 
Manager

Jameson wrote:
CPeanutG wrote:

That would be great..

Can't seem to find it. I will remake it asap.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 00:07 

Thanks for the Keypad binds LolQuite. I was running out of space on my keybayooord. I have to press a Fn key on my laptop in order to access the Numpad, but that's like a "Shift" bind all its own.

In any case, I was thinking about listing some of the most commonly used codes for binding. Currently, I have:
10-4
10-53 (Suspect down)
10-57 (Shots fired)
10-76 (En-route)
10-97 (Arrived)
10-22 (Disregard)
bound, which have been getting the job done perfectly so far.

I would also recommend binding
10-108 (Officer down)
10-15 (Suspect in custody)
10-43 (Medic requested)
10-80 ((In) Pursuit)
and 11-99 (Officer needs assistance)
for quick access. I don't use them that often, but having them on hand seems useful, especially when another officer is chasing someone and you don't know the status of their pursuit.

Oh, and for those of you wondering how you can bind permawalking and permacrouching, here's the secret:
For some reason, you have to have another action in front of them before executing the +speed/+crouch commands. For example, I used the command
Code:
bind m "say /me sits down.; +crouch"

for a sitting command (I think "+" does the action and "-" stops the action; for whatever reason, +speed slows you down and -speed speeds you up. Wut.).

Might as well assign a couple of these while you're doing your police binds.

Thanks to John Delgado for pointing that out.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible to append a string to a messagemode command? I'd like to have a command which automatically puts in "/com" before my messages so I don't have to keep typing it every time I want to talk to my fellow police officers.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 00:16 
Manager

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=6719 <-- Police codes used the in the server.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 05:17 
NukeSilo | Regular

How does one bind a key to shift as well in order to double its function?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 16:55 
Manager

Code:
// Bindable Key Names
//
// ESCAPE  F1  F2  F3  F4  F5  F6  F7  F8  F9  F10  F11  F12                                                                             PAUSE
//
// `   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  0  -  =  BACKSPACE          INS  HOME  PGUP                               KP_SLASH           *        KP_MINUS
// TAB  Q  W  E  R  T  Y  U  I  O  P  [  ]  \                 DEL  END   PGDN                KP_HOME       KP_UPARROW       KP_PGUP     KP_PLUS
//       A  S  D  F  G  H  J  K  L  ;  '     ENTER                                         KP_LEFTARROW       KP_5       KP_LEFTARROW
// SHIFT  Z  X  C  V  B  N  M  ,  .  /        SHIFT                UPARROW                    KP_END      KP_DOWNARROW      KP_PGDN     KP_ENTER
// CTRL   ALT     SPACE        ALT   CTRL             LEFTARROW   DOWNARROW   RIGHTARROW      KP_INS                        KP_DEL
//
// Mouse Key Names
//
// MOUSE1  MOUSE2  MOUSE3  MOUSE4  MOUSE5
// MWHEELUP  MWHEELDOWN

alias "+bset" "bind kp_home getdown; bind kp_uparrow 10-43; bind kp_pgup 10-53"
alias "-bset" "bind kp_home 10-4; bind kp_uparrow 10-15; bind kp_pgup 10-22"

alias "10-4" "say /com 10-4"
alias "10-15" "say /com 10-15 (Suspect in custody)"
alias "10-22" "say /com 10-22 (Disregard)"
alias "10-43" "say /com 10-43 (Medic requested)"
alias "10-53" "say /com 10-53 (suspect down)"
alias "10-57" "say /com 10-57 (Shots fired)"
alias "10-76" "say /com 10-76 (En-route)"
alias "10-80" "say /com 10-80 (In Pursuit)"
alias "10-97" "say /com 10-97 (Arrived)"
alias "10-108" "say /com 10-108 (Officer down)"
alias "11-99" "say /com 11-99 (Officer needs assistance)"
alias "getdown" "say shout this is the police, get down on the ground now, or we will use force"

bind "alt" "+bset"

bind "kp_home" "10-4"
bind "kp_uparrow" "10-15"
bind "kp_pgup" "10-22"

You can put this in a file called RP_Binds.cfg (or whatever you want) and put "exec RP_Binds.cfg" in your autoexec.cfg and this will be executed on each launch.

It can also be launched manually by typing that command in the console "exec RP_Binds.cfg"

You can also have multiple configs for each server, or each job, or whatever you want.

You should be able to see how to add additional keys to use this toggle with, by looking at the above example. To use this, according to this example, you would need to hold down alt, then pressing kp_home would make you say "say shout this is the police, get down on the ground now, or we will use force" and when you let go of alt, pressing kp_home would make you say 10-4 over the radio.

The +bset can be any key you want. alt seems to be the easiest in my experience, as it was the way I learned to do it when the leader in my old CS 1.5 clan taught us for doing buyscripts.

If you want to bind this to shift for example, or other keys bound to a +command toggle, look below:

Code:
// Bindable Key Names
//
// ESCAPE  F1  F2  F3  F4  F5  F6  F7  F8  F9  F10  F11  F12                                                                             PAUSE
//
// `   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  0  -  =  BACKSPACE          INS  HOME  PGUP                               KP_SLASH           *        KP_MINUS
// TAB  Q  W  E  R  T  Y  U  I  O  P  [  ]  \                 DEL  END   PGDN                KP_HOME       KP_UPARROW       KP_PGUP     KP_PLUS
//       A  S  D  F  G  H  J  K  L  ;  '     ENTER                                         KP_LEFTARROW       KP_5       KP_LEFTARROW
// SHIFT  Z  X  C  V  B  N  M  ,  .  /        SHIFT                UPARROW                    KP_END      KP_DOWNARROW      KP_PGDN     KP_ENTER
// CTRL   ALT     SPACE        ALT   CTRL             LEFTARROW   DOWNARROW   RIGHTARROW      KP_INS                        KP_DEL
//
// Mouse Key Names
//
// MOUSE1  MOUSE2  MOUSE3  MOUSE4  MOUSE5
// MWHEELUP  MWHEELDOWN

alias "+walkset" "+speed; bind kp_home getdown; bind kp_uparrow 10-43; bind kp_pgup 10-53"
alias "-walkset" "-speed; bind kp_home 10-4; bind kp_uparrow 10-15; bind kp_pgup 10-22"

alias "10-4" "say /com 10-4"
alias "10-15" "say /com 10-15 (Suspect in custody)"
alias "10-22" "say /com 10-22 (Disregard)"
alias "10-43" "say /com 10-43 (Medic requested)"
alias "10-53" "say /com 10-53 (suspect down)"
alias "10-57" "say /com 10-57 (Shots fired)"
alias "10-76" "say /com 10-76 (En-route)"
alias "10-80" "say /com 10-80 (In Pursuit)"
alias "10-97" "say /com 10-97 (Arrived)"
alias "10-108" "say /com 10-108 (Officer down)"
alias "11-99" "say /com 11-99 (Officer needs assistance)"
alias "getdown" "say shout this is the police, get down on the ground now, or we will use force"

bind "shift" "+walkset"

bind "kp_home" "10-4"
bind "kp_uparrow" "10-15"
bind "kp_pgup" "10-22"

If you wanted to do it on another key, one that isn't bound to a +/-command, like firemode, or useitems, only put that command at the begining of either the alias for the +bset or the -bset, not both.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 18:25 
Trial Admin

Nice, Peany.

Nice.

Character Name: Al Harringon

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]