NukeSilo Community

It is currently 13 May 2024, 21:41

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Tazers
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 11:48 
NukeSilo | Regular

I'm not PD, but I thought I'd just speak my mind...

Tasers are for desperate measures, NOT standard procedure.

I am getting annoyed with cops sneaking up behind me and tazering me, 5 minutes after I've done a minor crime.

It hit the final straw yesterday when I was chasing some guy who tried to shoot me, but ran out of ammo, dropped his gun and ran. I of course, wanted to stop him and give him a shave.

Well as I chased him across the rooftops (without a gun, might I add), I lost him. I wandered a bit and saw a bunch of people on top of the idner roof, breaking a few windows. I walked over to see if maybe the guy was there, jumped through an already broken window and then I got tazered.

This is not to mention the time I was walking along the sidewalk, tand got randomly tazered. He told me he saw me break the gunshop door a few minutes ago.

I also once robbed the 7/11, gave the money to a poor hobo, and dropped my gun. I surrendered, the cops surrounded me, then one of them tazered me, and then cuffed me.

So I just want to say that tazers are supposed to only be used on fleeing subjects, and that police should take note not to tazer people for winking suspiciously. (Also, stop surrounding the bank with guns drawn every time there is a large crowd in there, lol)

I personally think this issue could be fixed by the TSRP coalition, but until servers agree upon that, it would be nice if cops stopped being so trigger happy.

Last edited by khatool on 19 Mar 2009, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tazers
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 12:16 
NukeSilo | Regular

Ask first, tazer later is the way to go.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 11:41 
Heavy Poster

xfire: lagplug
The only reason people are always tazering first is because 99.99999999999% of the time, people will always attempt to evade arrest.

If the server in general stops evading arrest so frequently then the need to tazer nearly every suspect will be reduced.

The main reason why minor crimes result in tazering is because 100% of the time after someone vandalizes something, be it be breaking a window, or door--the suspect always tries to run away.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 14:57 
Manager

There are other methods for detaining a suspect than using a tazer, as any real cop well knows.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 15:23 
NukeSilo | Regular

Maxwell Murder wrote:
There are other methods for detaining a suspect than using a tazer, as any real cop well knows.

Shooting = Bad RP

Tackling = Only works 1% of the time

Any other method = You get fu'ed in the face

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 16:23 
Nuke | Light Poster

Wake wrote:
Maxwell Murder wrote:

Shooting = Bad RP

Tackling = Only works 1% of the time

Any other method = You get fu'ed in the face

As much as I hate tazers, Wake is right on this one-- chalk it up accordingly. There's no good way to chase down the poor RPers of this server, and often no good way to chase down the competant ones on their bad days. It'd be nice to see criminals smarten up, as well as Cops; I can see the problems from both sides.

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Gordan and Praphet, you are the two halves of God.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 20:44 
NukeSilo | Regular

tazer them...after they start to run?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 21:34 
Heavy Poster

xfire: lagplug
Usually if you have a chance to catch someone, you need to take it. Because people have escaped multiple times, and it's complete bull sh%@# to see them stunting up walls.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 22:43 
NukeSilo | Regular

Still, not everybody will run. If they do, then you can tazer them. You cant tell me they are so good at getting away they can get far away before you press the taze button? If they are able to...they deserve to get away.
If a cop arrested you, and you saw a golden oppurtunity to get away..wouldnt you take it? (I once had a cop chase me and a few friends through the woods, actually.)

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009, 02:09 
Manager

Khatool is right. And also, you are only making yourself as bad as the poor roleplayers you're chasing down by resorting to some magical item just to get them to stop. Think. Be better than the rest. No one can provide any valid excuse for the use of the tazer as it is defined in today's roleplaying realm, and I shall thwart any attempts you make in doing so, regardless of who you are.

Stuff like this always seems to come down to the fact that there is a high speed, direct connection between people's brains and their balls, because no one, it seems, can ever stand to lose. That is what the tazer and all these primitive weapons represent: the inability to compensate with loss.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009, 08:28 
Heavy Poster

Dang, well said.

And I have to say, I don't mind chasing down perps. I've binded /cuff and "/me flying tackles the suspect" to a single, easy to reach key. If they run I'll try to tackle them, or I'll taze them whilst they're running. I'll taze people who are running because trying to RP /me tackles someone using /cuff is very difficult...I've only done it once or twice successfully.

Though sometimes you just have to let 'em go.....

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009, 09:56 
Manager

Everybody should take a page out of Kami's book!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 14:48 

Is there a valid situation for use of a tazer?

I would say that if a suspect is armed and dangerous and cannot be talked out of dropping their weapons, you should be taken down. Tazers should also be used to stop gross violations of NC law, such as depositing money into one's bank account after robbing the bank (though, there probably isn't much you can do RP wise, considering the amount of time it takes to open up the security doors at the bank; also, bans). Fleeing subjects would also be tazed in real life, so no real problem there.

But the obviously useless examples of tazing that khatool brings up should not occur. If a character is exhibiting good RPing, then why taze him if he is willing to surrender peacefully? Granted it does prevent perps from getting away, but you have to have more faith in the criminal than that if you are a good RPer. As Maxwell said, you would be no better than the poor RPers who occasionally join the server.

You DID break that door though, right khatool? If that's true, you weren't tazered randomly, especially if it looked like you were fleeing the crime scene.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 14:16 
Heavy Poster

Quote:
Everybody should take a page out of Kami's book!

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2009, 22:10 
Light Poster

Cobra wrote:
The only reason people are always tazering first is because 99.99999999999% of the time, people will always attempt to evade arrest.

If the server in general stops evading arrest so frequently then the need to tazer nearly every suspect will be reduced.

The main reason why minor crimes result in tazering is because 100% of the time after someone vandalizes something, be it be breaking a window, or door--the suspect always tries to run away.

I have noticed that there is such a small window of opportunity of crime in such a small city, but every DAY we have to go through robberies, sometimes more than once.

The crime in NukeCity is extremely unrealistic, the code 10-57(Shots fired) is a code that many real officers never have to opportunity to use; yet we use it literally every 5 f**king seconds.

If the criminals are annoyed with the cops, stop committing all your stupid crimes.

Frankly, the cops overuse their tazers because you guys never stop with your bullsh*t.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 08:07 
Manager

Cops overuse their tazers AND small-time criminals overdo their niches. It's a two-way street. NEITHER IS EXCUSABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER EXCUSES YOU HAVE. That is the final word. Caspisce?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 13:55 
Light Poster

If by Capishe, you mean "Ham Salad" in some foreign language, certainly.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 14:13 
Heavy Poster

Quote:
Caspisce?

I think tis actually "Capisci" if you're talking to 1 person (You singular)
Though if you mean "you" as in "yall, yous, or you peoples" then it would be...um....darn I should know this after 3 years of italian classes at highschool :? . Yes I'm bored.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 15:28 
Manager

Yeah, I had to look it up after I typed it to make sure I got it right, but I believe the "-e" ending also works for the 2nd person formal form, much like the third person form of a verb in Spanish is also used to speak directly to a person formally. I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 17:58 
NukeSilo | Regular

cuh

peesh

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 22:03 
Heavy Poster

Quote:
cuh

peesh

Or their's that :D

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2009, 15:29 
Nuke | Medium Poster

I'm really starting to get f**king pissed with Cops randomly tazering me. Its cool when we are messing around. But when you get tazered, and a Pub runs up, steals your gun and kills you. Its not f**king funny anymore. I LOST $3000! D:<

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 22:03 
Nuke | Medium Poster

I think he may be talking to me but I'm not sure. Nah on second thought he ain't

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 23:13 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
Slippy wrote:
I'm really starting to get f**king pissed with Cops randomly tazering me. Its cool when we are messing around. But when you get tazered, and a Pub runs up, steals your gun and kills you. Its not f**king funny anymore. I LOST $3000! D:<

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Can't be me, haven't been a cop for weeks..

My internets are going f**ked

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 23:31 
Manager

Except it could be, because the post was composed in f**king March!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next