NukeSilo Community

It is currently 15 May 2024, 01:25

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: TSRP Regname Help
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 11:08 
Heavy Poster

Just want to take a moment and say hello to everyone as I have been on a RPing hiatus for the past month or so. But now that it is summer I am planning on coming back alot more often.

"Hello everyone"

Now that that is over, I have a problem with the server. Due to my own incompetence I messed up my regname and was wondering if a manager is willing to help me get it back. From what I have gathered from people I have talked to, people who were inactive got there regnames "frozen" (not sure if that is the correct term). And you have to amx_load them back. I, blindly following the consoles directions, just typed amx_regname "my username" "my password". So now I lost what I had on my previous account because I created a new account with the same username and password over it. So here is where this post culminates to.

Does someone have any knowledge/power to help me get my old regname back?

I have a suggestion that if you delete my current regname my old one will become availible for amx_load. But I don't know if that statement has any validity or not.

And if I have described this unclearly or you need a bit more information to help me just post here (preferably) or pm me with you question.

Thanks very much for any help you are able to give, it is all much appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------
Gordan Fisherman
Career: NCMD EMT

Post subject: Re: TSRP Regname Help
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 21:50 
Staff Member

(*Snip by SNuker*)

Quote:
From what I have gathered from people I have talked to, people who were inactive got there regnames "frozen" (not sure if that is the correct term). And you have to amx_load them back.

Anyways, from what i know if you're inactive for a month your name gets deleted and is put into the back up. a certain command can bring it back though, I'll reply/edit once i know it (or a manager/someonewhoknows can put it in here). I think it may be amx_loadname

[21:22] <@Supernuker> I wonder how you made it out of elementary school sometimes Toretto...
[21:22] <@Toretto> Elementary?
[21:26] <@Supernuker> ....

{AU} Vincetti [I'M NOT LOUIE]: is that someone jacking off?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 22:05 
Manager

Gregor wrote:
inactive for a month your name gets deleted and is put into the back up

Its 45 days, and the official term is "expiring".

And just clear things up futher, properties expire after 30 days of no-use by the owner, but properties are checked much less frequently than accounts are.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 12:26 
Heavy Poster

Postal pointed out that I was using the wrong command, amx_loadname not amx_load, so I retried it in the console and it just says that I already have a username.

And based on Snukers post, it seems as if my cause is lost as a solution wasn't provided. It really is alright as you rarely ever use e-money for a true RP purpose, and an e-job lost is something that can easily be regained.

(*Snip by SNuker*)

Gordan Fisherman

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 13:22 
Manager

gordanfisherman wrote:
Postal pointed out that I was using the wrong command, amx_loadname not amx_load, so I retried it in the console and it just says that I already have a username.

And based on Snukers post, it seems as if my cause is lost as a solution wasn't provided.

Didn't mean to imply that, it does go to a backup database you can use amx_loadname to retrieve it. However, did you already register a new account? If so then you cannot load your name again unless someone (me) deletes the account you just made in the database.

Also this isn't a flame war to attack someone. Yes the person in question was wrong and they shouldn't of said it the way they did, but that doesn't mean we have to go and attack them back for it. I am cleaning up the flames and issuing warnings for this.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 13:29 
Heavy Poster

Yes, I already did register a new account.

And looking back on my post, less hot-headed, I can see that I went overboard with my defense and I apologize for all the unneeded opinions I stated.

Gordan Fisherman

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 13:40 
Manager

gordanfisherman wrote:
Yes, I already did register a new account.

Thats the problem, we can't delete accounts that are in use, or even override them, the failure rate when trying to do that is too high. I've tried multiple ways to delete/overwrite the data while playing so you don't have to have me go in and delete it manually, so you can then go back and reload your account, but I could never get it to work correctly, it would fail to do it correctly over 75% of the time. I am working on improving this system and even making it so you can unload an active account and load another one so you can really multi-character, but this is still awhile off.

In the mean time, if you still want to try to recover your old account, contact me on IRC and I can delete your new account

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 13:50 
Heavy Poster

It is alright. From your description it seems like it would lean more on the hassle than the favor side of the spectrum. I think I can successfully RP on the server without the exact specs I had on my old account. Thanks for the offer of helping but I don't want you to have to work out such a problem for something as simple as a job/money on a game, so I will have to decline that for now.

Gordan Fisherman

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 14:31 
Manager

Not really, I just need your steamid or current regname and the password and its pretty easy to delete, assuming the firewall lets me in to do it.. if not then it becomes a hassle because I have to get Jameson to go fix it.

Though most of the time people needing me to fix it don't remember their password and it takes them sometime to get it right.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 00:22 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

I'm having the same problem as this guy.

I went on a hiatus, and now I forget my old username and password. I'd rather not lose them, due to the fact I had a good ammount of money, keys to properties, and good rank in the mafia.

Halp?

tommysokolov is my X-Fire!

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 20:11 
Manager

Not much we can do without the username and password..

Guess you're up shitcreek without a paddle.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]