NukeSilo Community

It is currently 15 May 2024, 08:48

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2009, 21:03 
NukeSilo | Regular

Alright! Those of you who were on this forum awhile back will have remembered "The Hacker".
You may also remember that I gave up trying to publish it in favor of another book I'm writing. Well, as you may have guessed, that book was delayed, but will be published later (hopefully next year)

Well, it was delayed because every time I stop writing, it becomes a chore for me to continue writing. Therefore, I was told that writing something DIFFERENT alongside it, would improve the quality of my writing.

So therefore, I have started a new forum series.

This introduction isnt the best thing I've ever written, but I needed to start writing quick, and this came out. THe other chapters will be of higher quality, but I hope this is good enough.

The bank now had only two people in it, as Michael ‘Shadow’ Jones had just left.
The silence that had fallen over the other customers when he walked in had been lifted, and they immediately started talking again.

“I wonder what the money was for?”

“Probably paying to have somebody killed”

“Why would he pay for it? He can kill people by just BREATHING at somebody.”

He was, in all actuality, withdrawing the money to get a hotdog, but whatever Shadow did, was shrouded in mystery and speculation. Everybody knew that Shadow was invincible. He was impossible to touch, and not somebody to be crossed with.

Which is why Charlie regretted his vow to kill him.
Charlie was, at the moment, walking down the sidewalk, trying to think of how it was humanly possible to get at Shadow, to find a weakness. It was impossible.
But even as he thought this, it came to him. In a sudden flash of inspiration he knew just what to do, in the words of Danny Elfman, it was simple really, very clear, like music drifting through the air, invisible, but everywhere! All he had to do was-

“Hey Charlie!”

Charlie looked up to see Saji Smith standing there, smiling annoyingly.

“Can’t talk now,” Said Charlie, already walking away. “I’m busy.”

Charlie continued walking, allowing the inspiration to flood back over him. If he could just find some people to help him, he was sure he could-

“You sir! How about a shave?” Asked a man Charlie hardly knew.

“Like I just told him, I’m BUSY” Charlie yelled, not too sure why he was so irritated, and continued walking.

“No need to be rude” The man said, offering his services to Saji instead.

I know why I’m so grumpy Thought Charlie as he watched Saji accept the man’s offer. I’m going to die.
Of course, Charlie was 100% correct. He was going to die the very day, in fact, but his legacy would live on. His legacy would start a revolution. His legacy would be legend. His legacy would be greater than Shadow’s, and in a few weeks time, people would be rasing their cups to him and crying “To Charlie Silver, the man who tried”

Maxwell Murdock was reading the newspaper at the time, preparing to read the stocks, when came a knock at the door.
Maxwell, a little bit bothered to be disturbed, opened the door, to see a man standing in the rain, drenched with water.

“Max! I need a loan.” He said breathlessly, “It’s urgent”

“Alright,” Max said, “If you could just go and fill out a form...”

“NO!” The man yelled “It’s REALLY urgent; I don’t have time to fill it out!”

Max stared at him for a few seconds, taking in his appearance. He had dark brown hair, but it was different lengths in different areas. This man had not cut his hair in a while, and the more Max looked at him, the more unkempt and dirty he seemed. He had an ID tag on him from the hospital that read “John Lovelake”, but the picture on it seemed outdated.

“I understand your situation sir, but we don’t normally give out loans to anybody who shows up”

“Please!” The man pleaded, “I need the money, you don’t understand, if I don’t have the money, he’s going to-“

BOOM

A bullet hit the man in the ribs, and Max jumped backwards with such haste that he almost tripped.
The man stood there for a few seconds, his mouth opening and closing wordlessly, then collapsed.

Max ran and hid behind the desk, withdrawing a Raging Bull and loading it just in time before he heard somebody enter the room.

“Come out, and we won’t hurt you”

Max thought the voice was familiar, but that didn’t matter right now. He prepared himself to jump up and shoot, slowly and silently pulling back the hammer, when he realized whose voice it was.

He dropped the gun and stood up, looking at the person who now stood in his office, eating a hotdog with one hand and holding a desert eagle with the other.

“Shadow?”

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2009, 21:59 
Manager

Oh man, that cliffhanger is a killer! Very nice work Zach. I look forward to hearing more!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 08:38 
NukeSilo | Regular

Why thank you!

Like I said though, the further chapters will be of higher quality.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 12:59 
Heavy Poster

Yay! I dare say I do enjoy a good book :D

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 14:42 
Heavy Poster

Very enjoyable.

---------------------------------------------------
Gordan Fisherman
Career: NCMD EMT

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 18:27 
Nuke | Medium Poster

sounds good man. You should write a part with Kei. :D! (Post me and Shadow's RP whenever we get around to it. ))
Kidding of course. >_>

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 19:24 
NukeSilo | Regular

Zurrag wrote:
You should write a part with Kei.

I daresay I will.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 21:14 
Staff Member

khatool wrote:
Zurrag wrote:
You should write a part with Kei.

I daresay I will.

I say have one with Mozilla in it!

[21:22] <@Supernuker> I wonder how you made it out of elementary school sometimes Toretto...
[21:22] <@Toretto> Elementary?
[21:26] <@Supernuker> ....

{AU} Vincetti [I'M NOT LOUIE]: is that someone jacking off?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 21:52 
Nuke | Light Poster

hey cool atlest im included.

Carl Smith
job: runing kmans pizza in kmans honer
stat: dead
Jon smith
missing
saji smith
stat: dead
Jake Smith

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]