NukeSilo Community

It is currently 14 May 2024, 23:43

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Traffic Laws
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 22:41 
Manager

Laws

Speed Limit
45MPH (non shift) in all areas except:
a) Street running from the Bank to the 711.
-Speed limit is reduced to 25 (shift held) in these areas

Moving Ordinances ($300 fine)
a) You must stop at all solid white lines denoting that a stop is necessary.
b) You must stop at all intersections where you do not have the right away
-At “T” intersections without solid white lines, yield to vehicles on the through road. They have the right-of-way.
c) You must always stay within your lanes
d) You must always follow the speed limit
e) You must never drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs or anything that would impair your driving ability (extra $500 fine added)
f) You must yield to all emergency vehicles when they are running code (siren)

*work in progress, let me know if you have something to add*

Post subject: Re: Traffic Laws
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 14:32 
NukeSilo | Regular

"Add vehicular homicide and assault, as well as illegal parking."

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 15:27 
Manager

I'm gonna say Speed Limit A and moving ordinances a-e are approved at this time. I said it this way in case Jameson or someone else adds more rules to the end, as this is really just a draft at this time and not final. All police officers are instructed to pull over and warn anyone breaking these laws as they are rather new. If you see them a 2nd time then you can write a fine for them.

As for murder .... Right now if you hit someone on purpose it should be considered armed assault with intent to kill and treated as such, and if it ends up in killing them then treat it as 2nd or 3rd degree murder. You can arrest and charge people with these already.

But.. In my opinion...if someone jumps in front of the car on purpose, I'm not going to say that as assault or murder. I'll personally say that is (attempted) suicide on the person jumping on front which is a bannable offensive from the server. Someone jaywalking which causes the driver to hit them because there was no way in which the driver could avoid them is not something I'd call assault on either. (Unless the driver was going too fast in a speed limit area, at which point I'd say 3rd degree murder or just assault).

I have one last thing to add to the assault/murder crimes if you define them out Jameson... If you hit someone, then you need to pull over (especially if they are still alive) and attempt to help them. If they just drive off that would be leaving the scene of an accident, and should have a penalty for it.

For parking, what many people don't realize is there is space in which you could park outside the 711. If your facing the 711 from the outside, there is at least 2 spaces on the left you can park at and one on the right. They are unmarked but there is room to park there, so if you write laws to this degree make sure to define those as acceptable parking spots. Also include something along the lines that parking along the street if they are very close to the curb is acceptable for short periods of time, unless there is a open parking spot close to them or something.

One other idea for you jameson to write a caw law for: Failure to yield to emergency vehicles (with running code of course ;])

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2009, 19:58 
Manager

updated

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 09:25 
Trial Admin

Someone should make a '/lawstraffic' and also update this with them viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4732 .

Character Name: Al Harringon

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 18:00 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

going crazy with the new stuff. cars? =o

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]