NukeSilo Community

It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 17:43

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 20:50 
Light Poster

alright as you may have noticed, the cia is dead, now while most people do not have a problem with this i do.

crimes that fall under federal jurisdiction:
Organized crime
crimes against a police or city official
Drug smuggling
weapon Smuggling
and Domestic Terroism

Who do i propose lead this group of agents-Rhombus Horrigan
he is a great rper who was the lead of the detective services on Boondocks where i was chief and he is excellent at roleplaying.

To Keep this service reasonably fair the number of agents would be 5-6

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 20:55 

Something to note, I don't think they'll allow three investigative organizations.

Perhaps you should wait for them to terminate at least one?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 20:56 
Light Poster

it would most likely replace the NCIU

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 20:57 
NukeSilo | Regular

1. Put the NCPD detective job to use.
2. ???
3. PROFIT

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 21:06 
Light Poster

but we need something like the fbi totally seperate from the pd

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 21:38 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

ChrisBerk wrote:

Why? What possible advantage is there for having that? The power struggles and E pissing contests that would result are not worth it. Just ignore the limitations real PDs have and let the single PD run SWAT, Patrol, and Detective.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 22:15 
Heavy Poster

Eric wrote:
ChrisBerk wrote:

Why? What possible advantage is there for having that? The power struggles and E pissing contests that would result are not worth it. Just ignore the limitations real PDs have and let the single PD run SWAT, Patrol, and Detective.

Amen.

Company Funds for Loans available from Moe - None.
Company Funds for Loans available from Darrell - $15,000

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 23:45 
Heavy Poster

xfire: lagplug
I'd love to be NCPD Detective...

I'd love to work undercover :P

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 13:13 
Manager

I just wish that we had one giant police authority related group with positions like "NCPD Officer", "NCPD SWAT Officer", "NCPD Detective", "Government Agent" or something like that. If we were organized enough (a big "if", I know) we could manage our ranking system without having all the extra positions like Officer I, II, III and so on. That would enable us to have a wider range of organizations and jobs, as well, while still keeping them rather united under a single group.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 13:20 
Nuke | Light Poster

Like a metropolitan style justice system?

[21:29] <@Brain> I paw off to the pic of Nuker I have.
[21:29] <@Supernuker> =x

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 13:23 
Manager

You would have to provide your definition for it in that case, because I could give you an insufficient answer based on how I envision it. But, basically I'm going with what Praphet detailed in his Classical Doctrine for Roleplaying. We could rely much less on plug-ins so as to free up our ability to portray a far more complex and diverse type of society.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 13:49 
Nuke | Light Poster

I was confused about your post which is why I asked that question. Now I realize it doesnt make sense based on what you said, hehe. (A metropolitan style PD can be picture like this: In the US there are well over 19,000 state and local police departments with different training, hiring standards, equipment, etc while there are around 50 federal run departments. If there was a metropolitan style system there would be only one system; Universal training, equipment, uniform, pay rates, etc (Basically it would be better, and cheaper, but would never happen because police chiefs would not want to give up their top of the rank status(Even if it meant higher pay))

But after re-reading Praphets "Classical Doctrine" post, I do agree with you Maxwell. I'm hoping that with the new leadership in the PD we can put a hold on hiring and really mold the officers we have into better "protectors of the peace".

[21:29] <@Brain> I paw off to the pic of Nuker I have.
[21:29] <@Supernuker> =x

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 14:39 
Manager

Exactly, we might not need to rely on plug-ins so much, in due time.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 19:17 
Nuke | Light Poster

I'd help clarify some good Police Measures on your subject, if you like? Maxy's on the right track; my Classical Doctrine outlined some basic, trivial matters about the Police, but only because I've never actually seen a Server's PD act straight with Detectives, Beat Cops, etc, in a Classically-minded fashion. I'd like to see more of that going on, but to be honest, I separate it in two ways, a bit pessimistically.

~First-Responder
-This guy has a badge and a gun; the latter is more important to him.
-His Tazer is at the ready and his trigger-finger is well-developed. He is a product of a thousand rob-spamming idiots that pollute the server each day, and when you're within range, and committing a crime, your ass gets jolted. This may make him abraisive to noobies and oldies alike, but efficient.
-When issuing Jail-Times, this guy takes your Concealed Carry license off the bat, even if you committed a triple-homicide and are currently caked with the entrails of the entire Armenian Mafia.
-Whenever this guy tries to go further than just taze, cuff, sentence, his ass gets shot. Whenever this guy tries to interrogate a suspect, the general idea over radio chatter is "Where the f**k are you, there's another robbery! Everybody clog the exits!!!"

(^The Forces of Mediocre Roleplay are HERE, pulling these two characters into a coagulation of mildly acceptable, mashed goodness.^)

~Second-Responder
-This guy is a Detective, or an 'NCIU/CIA' employee. He has the luxury of deep thinking.
-This guy's tazer may be important to him, and his trigger-finger well-developed, but it is likely only a reflection of the server as an entirety, not his personal demeanor.
-IDEALLY, when the other Cops are at the scene of the crime while the bullets are flying, he's there to see the spent casings and bloody corpses. He'll probably write something up on the forums that one or two people will read, in time, but he may build more complex and more meaningful character interactions where none at first see the potential.
-Although he has the right idea in many respects, most servers demand that this guy become a beat Cop with a better-looking coat, and nice sunglasses. It's most likely that he doesn't actually solve crimes, he solves criminals; with extreme prejudice.

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Gordan and Praphet, you are the two halves of God.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 19:29 
Manager

Well, not that I'm going to try to rebut against these responses, because they are great and definitely worth heeding, but I think everybody got the wrong idea out of what I was saying. I was simply stating that we don't need all the jobs we currently have in amx_joblist. We should just have a general police authority organization, and the individual AMX job titles within it should just be "NCPD", "NCPD SWAT", "NCIU", "Government Agent", etc. Then, instead of having Officer I, II, III, Senior, Rookie, and all that, you have everybody unified under one title, and then they could just roleplay out the ranks without the use of plug-ins. Granted, the pay grades would be messed up, but there are ways to work around that.

That's really what I was getting at, but good responses anyway, guys!

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 20:32 
Nuke | Light Poster

I like that idea; again, I just skim these things when I'm in the midst of US History homework, I usually miss the point and just commence rambling off.

I say, now that I have the idea of what you're getting at, compromise. Have a wee bit of separation.

NCPD Officer, NCPD Senior/Detective, NCPD S.W.A.T.
Government Agent, Doctor, Medical Student

All Gov't Jobs covered, mofuckas. It would eliminate a lot of hierarchy; everyone posts their ranks in their names anyway, right? Good idea, though, Maxy. I have been one-upped once more, and I shall henceforth keep my belt buckled in reverance of your words.

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Gordan and Praphet, you are the two halves of God.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 20:53 
Manager

You'll never be one-upped by me, Praphet. The best I ever hope to achieve is to have you agree with me, and I happened to succeed this time. And certainly, you are right. There should still be some divisions within the organizations, but as you said, we can certainly remove some of these very specific hierarchical titles from the AMX code and actually roleplay them the way we were meant to!