NukeSilo Community

It is currently 20 May 2024, 15:33

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: [TSRP] Better Flashbangs
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 20:01 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

So I was thinking about Flashbangs and how tough it is to really use them in game. You pretty much have to be right next to the person you want to use the flashbang on and half the time you get flashed yourself. I was wondering if it would be possible to make an actual item that you can see in your hand and that you can actually toss (sort of like the grenade). I doubt something like this would be easy, however (this coming from someone who knows nothing about coding) maybe you could use some of the coding from the regular grenade as far as tossing the flash and then have the radius be centered on the flash instead of the user or the person targeted? I do hope this can work.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 20:48 
Manager

I know very little about coding, but a main problem with this is you'd be modding the mod itself, as well as the fact that grenades still crash RP servers if I recall

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 22:35 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

do we know at all what it is that makes a RP server crash when a grenade is thrown? And also, maybe as far as the flash goes it would be a matter of changing a few lines of code to change the affect of a grenade?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 05:32 
NukeSilo | Regular

nonononono, delete the current flashbang item and rename the SWAT flashbang to flashbang. The SWAT one works MUCH better than the normal one, and half the time there isn't a SWAT officer to use the SWAT flashbang.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2009, 15:33 
NukeSilo | Light Poster

johndelgado wrote:
do we know at all what it is that makes a RP server crash when a grenade is thrown? And also, maybe as far as the flash goes it would be a matter of changing a few lines of code to change the affect of a grenade?

You can't do that unless you have the TS source code (which, as far as I know, hasn't been released). Weapon behavior and TSRP plugins are not coded the same way.

IGN: Eric Sinclair Alive?

Chief Steve Ericson: (( That's like the 3rd time the diner has been blown up )
Kumiko Hasegawa: (( i smell insurance scam ))