NukeSilo Community

It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 01:46

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: [TSRP] Bank Robberies
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 01:50 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

I suggest a way that when someone is caught and is still alive after a bank or 7/11 or whatever else robbery, that there be a way to force them to empty their wallets so that they don't remain with money. There are some that exploit the robbery, they rob it of all the money, then they lie down and keep everything they got. They can be fined true, but they can decline the fine as well and oh well they get a few more minutes. I don't know how this could be done safely to keep cops from abusing it and just making people destroy their money randomly but i don't think a criminal would keep money stolen...it would be returned to the bank.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 07:19 
Normal Poster

I think thats a good idea because it is true what you said, robbers that steal money from banks or anywhere get their money confiscated then returned.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 07:49 
NukeSilo | Regular

The way I see it, the money should just go to the cop who arrested him.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 11:19 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
Money should go to a special account the government can use. Like the mayor. Maybe even the commissioner. Then they can distribute the funds accordingly. Like to the cops for supplies, or for public works stuff, many possibilities. Maybe give the mayor the ability to do a special command for those things that would require the money ending up in no one in praticualr's hands, like /govcofdest # (for government coffer destroy).

And either have those people mentioned above able to check how much is in those coffers at the bank, or depending on who has access to it, the mayors office only (like a spot on the wall or something), or whatever.

Money can even be used to help MCF with the funds it needs to hand out loans.

Better than relying on admin to create and destroy money.

My internets are going f**ked

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 12:59 
Nuke | Light Poster

All money from robberies should go to the PTF aka Police Tazer Fund =) haha

Trey Goodmann
Job: NCPD Lieutenant

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 15:05 
Manager

CPeanutG wrote:
Money should go to a special account the government can use.

Impractical at the moment, the next generations of plugins will most likley have support for a government account to buy things like police tazers for those who can't afford it, or better weapons for police.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2009, 21:15 
Manager

xfire: cpeanutg
Supernuker wrote:
CPeanutG wrote:
Money should go to a special account the government can use.

Impractical at the moment, the next generations of plugins will most likley have support for a government account to buy things like police tazers for those who can't afford it, or better weapons for police.

Yup, thats exactly why I suggested it.

My internets are going f**ked

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 08:00 
Trial Admin

CPeanutG wrote:
Money should go to a special account the government can use. Like the mayor. Maybe even the commissioner. Then they can distribute the funds accordingly. Like to the cops for supplies, or for public works stuff, many possibilities. Maybe give the mayor the ability to do a special command for those things that would require the money ending up in no one in praticualr's hands, like /govcofdest # (for government coffer destroy).

And either have those people mentioned above able to check how much is in those coffers at the bank, or depending on who has access to it, the mayors office only (like a spot on the wall or something), or whatever.

Money can even be used to help MCF with the funds it needs to hand out loans.

Better than relying on admin to create and destroy money.

Very good, except that banks aren't government property, but, yes, as of right now, the only way I can see funding is that its coming out of my bank account (I have no problem with that, it's just that theres only 17k in there.) Maybe I could get some sort of budget a day that could add up? (Because the government does have taxes, etc. which isn't really fitted for a video game.)

EDIT1:Don't believe me? Look here: http://www.census.gov/govs/www/statetax07.html
EDIT2: My city's population is 96,265. If everyone got taxed $200, the government would receive $19,253,000. New York City's population is 8,274,527. If they taxed everyone $100 in New York City, they would receive $827,452,700.
EDIT3:Total state and local taxes averaged $3,015 per person in 2005 in Austin, Texas.
EDIT4:That above would make my city receive $290,238,975 from taxes alone.
EDIT5: The IRS said that in 2003, they received $1,952,929,045,000 in gross collections. (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/03db31ps.xls)

Character Name: Al Harringon

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 15:11 
NukeSilo | Regular

Well, we'd need to determine the population of Nuke City ICly. I'd guess it to be around 90,000, which at $3000 per person leaves you with $270,000,000 every real life month.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 16:45 
Manager

Wake wrote:
Well, we'd need to determine the population of Nuke City ICly. I'd guess it to be around 90,000, which at $3000 per person leaves you with $270,000,000 every real life month.

Are we going with fictional numbers or real numbers?

if you go with real there is only 409 active accounts at time of writing. If you include the accounts that expired since the last sql reset then we have about 1,300 accounts.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 17:27 
NukeSilo | Regular

1,300 is still $3.9 Million.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 07:49 
Trial Admin

Wake wrote:
1,300 is still $3.9 Million.

Yea, thats still a lot. I honestly don't think anyone could handle 3.9 million dollars without abusing it.

Character Name: Al Harringon

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 14:10 
NukeSilo | Regular

Well, that money could buy 78 police cars or 780 tazers. Federal loans could also be given out, and unused properties would be liquidated by the government. Though that still is a lot of money... Maybe make it something like $500,000 a month? Right there is 50 tazers or 10 police cars.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 22:05 
Staff Member

Wake wrote:
Well, that money could buy 78 police cars or 780 tazers. Federal loans could also be given out, and unused properties would be liquidated by the government. Though that still is a lot of money... Maybe make it something like $500,000 a month? Right there is 50 tazers or 10 police cars.

I don't think we need that many tazers/cars >.>

[21:22] <@Supernuker> I wonder how you made it out of elementary school sometimes Toretto...
[21:22] <@Toretto> Elementary?
[21:26] <@Supernuker> ....

{AU} Vincetti [I'M NOT LOUIE]: is that someone jacking off?