NukeSilo Community

It is currently 20 May 2024, 16:25

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 15:20 
NukeSilo | Regular

TSDM is worse off than TSRP in numbers, and there are still exceeding numbers in servers out there for it still. I believe if we shut down the TSDM server, and use the resources from it to make the TSRP server a 32 slot, we can increase our community size substantially. Alot of people look at ping, slots available, and number of people in a server before they choose to join that community.

I believe pirates is beating us out in numbers due to their slots and ping. If we offered the same server qualities, we could dominate them. That and they are slightly popular because of their organized DM they call RP : /

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 16:47 
Manager

Shutting Down the TSDM server wouldn't free up enough resources to run a 32 slot RP server (Plus with our system the max is 30 anyway). System Resource Management isn't as simple as slot numbers unless your servers are exactly the same game running the exact mods, running the exact same settings. Plus when the server has 20 players, its hard for admins to help everyone at the same time anyway, and our admin coverage is lacking early in the day.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 19:44 
Manager

bots, only available on listen servers, and not to mention cpu hogs.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 11:55 
NukeSilo | Regular

Yea, bots are not that good of an idea. We just need to expand our community to more european players, the way to do that, is start having some of our current players make some sacrifices and stand in the server alone, I try to do it as much as possible, I'm not afk, I just idle in the server, and check the IRC and switch to ingame alot to see if anyone has come in.

Boring as s*it, but do it while you are checking the forums in the morning or something, you may get 2-3 people in there, then that multiplies.

Quote:
Two hours later Shultz still wondering about the night befor called up his drinking buddy Katamari and asked what happen,although katamaris speech was slurred due to being hung over shultz could still make out some of it,"durrr we weresz at teh bar and teh fat hoe be looking up at you and she be saying sumethin bout darts and indians scalpen mexicans"

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 08:46 

actually, I've gone on the DM server before but there isn't anyone on. And when someone is on, they always use aimbot or something. maybe having bots isn't such a bad idea...

Well it prolly is but when people don't go to a DM server, it seems useless. :?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 08:40 
Normal Poster

Guys...This happened to mobius,the community never got on but kept posting and asking"Where is it?"THEY KEPT POSTING WHEN THEY COULD SAVE THE SERVER BUT IT DIED,I said this "GET YOUR FUXKING ASSES ON THE f**king SERVER NOW!"But no H9 took all it's players SO we need to get them back,or we can just get on!

Job-Medical Student

Status-Has a bullet wound but is ok for now.