NukeSilo Community

It is currently 12 May 2024, 17:41

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Full Upgrade
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 22:05 
Trial Admin

It seems apparent that while we are at the midpoint in this 09 year, our plug-in system and interface has been left in the past.

I suggest that we run a full upgrade on our older plugins so that we are not left in the past by the other newer servers that are out.

Im just gonna put this out there, our current server plugin interface is a relic. What would make players want to play here when there are easier, more popular servers to play on.

For one, we could use a some additions to the basic jobs, just a few more for people who dont like what we currently offer. Something unique, maybe a graffiti artist job and even if we dont add a few jobs, atleast get a basic job plugin so that new players do not need to speak to an admin for a job.

Lets face it the server is unpopulated as we speak, (you could be reading this at anypoint in time and it would be true) and if there was a new player in there who would help him.

They would be able to choose a job and begin from the get-go. I also suggest that jobs which take place in various buildings come with the keys, when I was a bank guard I did not recieve a key to the place I worked till I owned it. If i were a new player i would enjoy having access to something.

I also suggest we get an ease of use plugin, another complaint ive recieved from new potential players is that you have to make binds to do even the smallest task such as buying products. Why cant we just press 'E' for general purposes like the other servers? This saves time in messing with your binds and allows for more keys for social binds.

On another note, propertys, lets face it the system we are using ATM is not working. What is the point of joining our sever if there is nothing to look forward to? There are no homes available at all, and the ones that are owned are for the most part, vacant and in need of new ownership. Auctioning homes is not the way to go, we need an in-game expiration system, if you dont play you dont keep your home, why should you? In short, you snooze, you lose. Homes become vacant for the next new player and potential hopeful with visions of a distinguished life.

These upgrades alone could boost the overall function of the server, if not a full update, then surely a map change.

In a nutshell im asking for a revised plugin interface, something easier to use for newer players and something more familiar with todays roleplayer.

Any feedback or suggestions are eagerly accepted, and I would love to hear what anyone else would like to add.

-Concerned Veteran Role Player
Johnny Five

Post subject: Re: Full Upgrade
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 01:30 
Manager

xfire: ryu2k7
We do need like a complete revamp, we do kinda use a relic..id add more but atm im tired as hell, so ill edit this tomorrow.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 14:08 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

I completely agree, but I also think that our more experienced roleplayers, myself included need to not be so aloof. I see new players come and go just because they are simply ignored and receive no help. As mentioned we need a place where a player can get a job without having an admin present. Also, if we can make new players actually feel welcome and help them get into the feel of the rp then we can have the server more populated. I myself am trying to improve on this so please, any new face that anyone sees, just stop and say hi and try and get an interesting rp going with a new person so that they can have a good experience and feel like they want to come back. A nice map is nice, a good set of plugins is cool, but what really keeps people coming back is the interaction. I've been to so many servers with all the new fangled stuff and the plugins are cool but since no one rp's or tries to help a new guy out i just drift in and out. I can say that NS has been a little bit better in this regard as far as having good rp situations etc, but we still for the most part act aloof and by this very action we drive people away.

In short, new map would be cool, new plugins would be cool, but what we need most is to try and include everyone in as much rp as possible and to actually make them feel welcomed and make them excited and coming back for more!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 15:48 
Trial Admin

It is true that including new players in our everyday rp is needed, and its what we try to accomplish, if ofcoarse, new players visited more often.

Though ofcoarse we should take this in baby steps, not strides, to insure we do a good, well thought out job.

I have to admit that these last few days have been very good to us, acceptable traffic and outstanding RP. I hope we can keep it going, if we do we could be looking at a climbing comeback.

But, for the moment, when you look at the player list, youl notice one thing, and thats recogniseable names, everyone else rping has also been here for a good amount of time, what im trying to say is we are still at a Low New/Old player ratio.

We need something to pull people into our servers, rather then picking another more popular one.
I mean why should someone pick us over another one whos already getting good reviews?
What could we do to lure people to our server, and make them want to visit before they have even set foot in nuke city?
Could be something as small as a server name change, could be something along the lines of spreading the word to tsrp oriented forums, could be a number of things, any suggestions are welcome and are wanted as well.

I wouldnt say that new plugins would be cool, its more along the lines of "needed". Ive said it before, and it still stands true that Ive been here for along the lines of four years now, and the only real change so far is the map we have had addons but we need upgrades. We still use /buy plus other commands and are required an admin for small needs, which all could be replaced with a easier user-friendly interface.

Concerned Veteran Role-Player
-Johnny Five

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 20:10 
Manager

In regards to the plugins, we are alerady considering switching over to ARP, see viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7980 for more about that. If there are other plug ins which are better, then please mention it.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 20:45 
Trial Admin

If we do make the switch, ill have to see the diffrences on server before I can make any other suggestions.

Thanks for the word.

-Johnny Five