NukeSilo Community

It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 10:21

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2008, 23:39 
Manager

*When a SWAT member is not on a call they will act as normal police officers.
*All SWAT members will wear police uniforms when NOT on a call, when on a call you may wear your SWAT uniforms.
*If a commanding officer (Sergent of SWAT and above) is not on the server. The highest ranking NCPD officer (above Officer II) is in charge.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 11:45 
Manager

Are you a psychic, and did you receive my brainwaves concerning this yesterday? At any rate, good plan, and I hope I'm not out of order for posting here.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 12:58 
Manager

No Max, your input is perfectly acceptable here... Jameson's on the other hand....

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 16:37 
Nuke | Light Poster

Shouldn't be the highest ranking NCPD officer. A da*n Rookie could be in charge then.

<+Ryoma1337> did you like it, Toretto?
<@Toretto> Hell no..was f**king weird.
<@Toretto> Talking to my friend and I feel some fat chicks hands feeling on my ass.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 10:05 
Manager

Maxwell Murder wrote:
Are you a psychic, and did you receive my brainwaves concerning this yesterday? At any rate, good plan, and I hope I'm not out of order for posting here.

Hah, I'm glad that you and I think alike
perlov0 wrote:
No Max, your input is perfectly acceptable here... Jameson's on the other hand....
:>
duckeh wrote:
Shouldn't be the highest ranking NCPD officer. A da*n Rookie could be in charge then.

Fixed

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 12:30 
Trial Admin

It all sounds good, but, in real life isn't SWAT called in and not a cop?

...so in other words, SWAT is around double-pay (of a normal cop [Like, Off. 3]) to be an officer that can snipe a robber?

Also, another rule that should be added, is that you CANNOT carry M4s or Beretts holstered. (I already talked to Ben about it, and he said that it already is a rule.)

EDIT: "For example I normally have a Socom, and either a silenced
SMG or assault rifle on me." from the SWAT guidelines, ASSAULT RIFLE. Really? Is that needed? (Yes, I do see the SMG) But still, the ONLY time you should have an assault rifle is when you're called into a robbery. (And SWAT SHOULD hafto be called in, and not just be there at a robbery automatically.)

Character Name: Al Harringon

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 17:39 
NukeSilo | Regular

Actually, most SWAT teams work just like this. They act as normal patrol officers until called in for SWAT duty. They then head back to HQ for a brief, and move out.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 17:48 
Manager

Uhhh...basically what this says is when the SWAT team is not called onto the scene, those members may function as normal officers, with standard equipment. We see this in real life. A SWAT team isn't necessarily a team of people who do nothing but answer to high-order situations (And for our purposes, we would most likely not call a 7-11 stickup as a high-order situation. Normal cops can deal with that.) Sometimes they have the same duties as the common police officer along with the additional training of the SWAT tactics. So when the SWAT team is needed, they simply have to suit up, gear up, brief, and take action. And yes, having this additional training at their disposal merits them higher pay than those without.

And about the holstering of very large weapons... Well, it's never been established as an official rule, as it would be too difficult to regulate such a thing. Nobody else could tell if a particular person was holstering a large weapon unless they drew their weapon in front of other people. But, it is advised, as common sense itself explains, that a person should not holster large weapons (rifles and shotguns, excluding the sawed-off shotgun), because it is unrealistic. And while doing so may not award a person direct consequences, they can assured that if such a case came up as part of a larger incident, it would certainly be a black mark against their position in the contest.

EDIT: This is solely a response to Vincetti's post. Wake posted while I was typing this.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 20:21 
Manager

however, you could claim that the assault rifles have straps that allow you to shoulder it. but you need to rp this and at least let people know. Doesn't mean you have to have the assault rifle out all the time.

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 16:21 
Manager

Arguably so, however in some cases it is crucial simply to know that a person is carrying such a weapon, rather than how they are carrying it. I'm sure no one needs me to take them back to the dispute surrounding the Mafia/Mayor showdown that happened at the beginning of the year, in order to explain this point better.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008, 22:39 
Trial Admin

Hey, you remember how SNuker put in that 1.6 mod that had the big guns slinged on their backs?

*Sniff Sniff.* I smell a good idea.

Character Name: Al Harringon

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]