NukeSilo Community

It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 21:16

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Negotiator for Police
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 01:01 

I did not see a post about that anywhere, but after seeing a few RP bank robberies and hostage taking I was thinking there should be a position on the force for a negotiator. It would add to the RP robbery or indecent.

It would mix up the play a bit I think, it would give everyone more options on what to do next. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 01:32 
Nuke | Heavy Poster

I think that it is not needed as an added job but that any officer should be learning and eventually be able to take on the job of negotiating in any situation. Especially the higher ranks should be able to do it and then perhaps after a situation, the negotiation process can be discussed with the others so that all might learn.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 07:24 
NukeSilo | Regular

What happened to Roger Cleary? viewtopic.php?f=103&t=7284

And I agree with Delgado, negotiation is a skill that every officer should learn and use effectively.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 08:23 
Manager

Cleary's ego inflated past the threshold, lifted him off the ground, and carried him downwind, would be my guess.

And I can agree with both sides. Most police forces have a designated negotiations team, I believe, but at the same time, everyone should be able to negotiate when called upon.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 10:24 
Heavy Poster

xfire: lagplug
Well that is what usually happens within the server. Most police officers will try to negotiate whenever at all possible, the highest ranked officer at the scene should be taking the lead of negotiations. But when they're not there, or unavailable, even the lower ranking officers take charge and try to negotiate.

But there's no negotiating with some people... :roll:

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 23:27 

Haha, true they should be the ones.

I had to laugh though when at one robbery the robber said, "I have a bomb, I will blow it up if you don't let me leave"

The officers responses: "DO IT", "Chicken?" "CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK", "GO BOOM ALREADY!!"

It was quite funny though.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 11:35 
Heavy Poster

xfire: lagplug
Lol'd

I know that whenever Inspector Ivan is on, he always takes command of negotiations.

Tank was trying to negotiate with a 711 robber, and ivan was like 'Leave the negotiations to the commanding officer, rookie'

I lol'd

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009, 22:05 
Heavy Poster

Cobra wrote:
Lol'd

I know that whenever Inspector Ivan is on, he always takes command of negotiations.

Tank was trying to negotiate with a 711 robber, and ivan was like 'Leave the negotiations to the commanding officer, rookie'

I lol'd

Hah, funny. When no one talks or yells, I say "seize the day!". Never works when Ivan is on...

Gordan Fisherman M.D.: Take your pants off.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]