NukeSilo Community

It is currently 03 May 2024, 05:50

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 00:45 
Manager

Once again we are back from the dead! We got enough money (finally) to get a new server. The old one would of cost us more to keep than to get a new one, so we just got a new and much faster server. The server officially came online Monday and we wasted no time in restoring the backups and getting everything installed on it.

Without going on any further, I am happy to announce that the TSRP server will be reopening on Sunday, September 21st. We have not set an exact time it will reopen on yet, but we still may do so before then. We have decided that since the server was down for so long, to go ahead and reset all the data and start fresh. The other servers (TSDM and CS) will not come online at the same time but most likely will come online the following weekend.

I'd also like to take this time to Congratulate and announce Maxwell as the new TSRP General Manager. Some of the things he will be in charge of includes, but is not limited to: hiring people into positions like the police commissioner, mafia don, etc, selecting, building management (making sure if someone isn't using a building that it goes up for sale), mayor elections, and just about everything else. Any suggestions to help improve rp should be directed to him from now on.

There has been some changes within staff. If you haven't noticed we have renamed the rank "Head Admin" to "Manager" to better reflect what our role inside of staff is. You may have noticed that our staff list has also shrunk quite considerably. I made the tough decision and removed any admins who have not kept in contact with me or idled the irc channel during our downtime. While we had some good admins I did not want to wait around and see who would or who wouldn't return in a few weeks. Instead, if your were one of the admins that was removed, then please reapply to show me your still active. If you do then I'll reinstate you to your previous position.

And on that note, I am now accepting admin applications for TSRP Server. We are in need of admins, especially those willing to help people new to TSRP learn and understand what to do and how to rp successfully. If you think you are able to meet the criteria then feel free to read the post on how to apply located here.

If you have any questions about the server, about becoming an admin, or anything else I covered then please feel free to contact me on IRC about it.

NukeSilo Head of Human Resources
GameSurge Support Operator | http://gamesurge.net - #gamesurge
Gather Network Administrator | http://gather-network.eu - #gather-network

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 15:00 
Manager

Additional information about the TSRP server has been posted here:

http://forums.nukesilo.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6614

Hope to see you all somewhere around the community.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 17:38 
Manager

Grats Maxwell, I'm extremely happy for you....

and possibly a little jealous lol <insert embaressed smiley here>

[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: God must love crazy f**k tards
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Why?
[19:48] [502] Shadow Jones: Becasue he makes so many of them.

Quote:
DraconicDon: would you abduct a hobo/postman whom's IQ drops to that of a child when fed a happymeal?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:10 
Manager

xfire: ryu2k7
Congratulations Maxwell, glad to see power is going to someone who deserves it. (Not that those who have power dont, im just saying Maxwell deserves it.) I hope to see everyone on aswell, and hopefully I can convince old veterans to make their way back.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:43 
Normal Poster

Congrats to Maxwell. Looking forward to RPing on the TSRP server again.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2008, 12:55 
Manager

Thanks everybody. Glad to have you all back. And I hope to see more old faces in the near future.

I believe I am going to start cleaning up the forums and get rid of some old unnecessary topics. If there are any other suggestions for how we should prepare for the kickoff of the new server please let me know.